Newest Member
    pERAS

• Luz21
    • LapisLazuli77
    • goldenfire

Map Editor

motherhen

Guest Caddienoah

If you have any questions, I'm learning the ins and outs of it too...I may be able to answer them...

Some things to remember...

Paths and terrain can go to the edge of the map(workbench)...keep everything else away from the edge at least two squares...I've learned there can be problems if you don't...

Any functional buildings that are used beyond the fence...in the long run...will show up in the zoo building profit/loss menu as losing money for the zoo...so balance out inside the zoo with more buildings/attractions that make money...

Make sure once you put the gate in and the delete works correctly...close the zoo/game and pull map editor out of the dlupdate file...this stops an accidental deletion and also other possible crashes of game...this I know as fact...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvmy83wing

• motherhen

• ageise02

• Savannahjan

If you have any questions, I'm learning the ins and outs of it too...I may be able to answer them...

Paths and terrain can go to the edge of the map(workbench)...keep everything else away from the edge at least two squares...I've learned there can be problems if you don't...

Any functional buildings that are used beyond the fence...in the long run...will show up in the zoo building profit/loss menu as losing money for the zoo...so balance out inside the zoo with more buildings/attractions that make money...

Make sure once you put the gate in and the delete works correctly...close the zoo/game and pull map editor out of the dlupdate file...this stops an accidental deletion and also other possible crashes of game...this I know as fact...

So well put by the Map Editor King!!!!!!! :hug2: Caddie

Thank you very much for the offer Caddienoah.......Just as well you told me about the buildings.....I was about to build a town outside the gates.... so the zoo would probably have gone bust in the first month of opening its gates to the public :24: .

Thank you very much for the offer Caddienoah.......Just as well you told me about the buildings.....I was about to build a town outside the gates.... so the zoo would probably have gone bust in the first month of opening its gates to the public :24: .

What you would do in this case would be use the money cheat before placing fences anywhere and build your self up a few million in working capital to play with. Then you don't have to worry about money. There are quite a few scenery buildings around including the ones availble ingame.

Guest Caddienoah

Fern is right...by checking out some of the other sites, I've found quite afew buildings etc. that can be used...the only time the money cheat is a problem is in a contest, where you are given a certain amout in some cases to build with...when the inside becomes most important...

• 2 weeks later...
Savannahjan

After years of being a total weenie about trying the map editor, I finally got up the courage to give it a go.... must be the pain pills. :JC_see_stars: I was so nervous about it, but you know what, it works! It works just great! So now I have spent WAY too much time on the outside of the zoo map, so I wonder how I can ever finish the inside in time for the Oct/Nov indi contest deadline. But it was worth it to figure the thing out.

After years of being a total weenie about trying the map editor, I finally got up the courage to give it a go.... must be the pain pills. :JC_see_stars: I was so nervous about it, but you know what, it works! It works just great! So now I have spent WAY too much time on the outside of the zoo map, so I wonder how I can ever finish the inside in time for the Oct/Nov indi contest deadline. But it was worth it to figure the thing out.

But Jan I am proud of you and you should have plenty of timecause the gals gave us an extra amount of time on this it's not due til the end of the month ...... by the way good to see you back here are you feeling better?

well now I definitely am leery about entering if the Great SJ is building!!! lol

Give yourself some credit Alicia you buid very nice zoos and we love seeing them!!!!!!!!!