• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• HeatherL

Multiple Questions...

Chickndaddy

Okay. First off let me say that I am not 100% sure this is where this is supposed to go, so if a moderator or administrator would like to move it feel free. Now for the questions.

I share a computer with someone who likes to reformat frequently and the last time they did that I lost all of my downloads because I didn't have back-ups on discs... :wife:

So I am in need of a few:

1. I had a few statues of Steve Irwin. One was animatronic (sp?) with him feeding a crocodile and the other one was still. I believe the still statue used the ingame Red Gum tree and the rock waterfall. I would love to have these items again.

2. I have found most of my foliage downloads I had after much searching but I'm still missing a few. There was a bonsai tree, pink dogwood, and white and pink wisteria or crepe myrtle) in different sizes. I think there was one other tree in the pack, but don't remember what it was. I used these items a lot.

3. White Rhino - I think this was a ZA download, but I'm not sure. I liked mixing it and the Black Rhino together. Made things a little more interesting. If anyone has this download I would appreciate it.

4. Wild Wings Pack - I would love to have it again.

5. Since Microsoft no longer supports Zoo Tycoon 1 I no longer have their add-on downloads made after the game was released. I remember the American Flag, and the sable (which I have downloaded). What other animals were added on. I want to make sure I have them all. I found it odd that the Sable and the Flag are the only two things I can tell are missing. But I want to be sure. (After re-reading that is a little confusing. I'm not sure what I am missing. I did pick the sable up somewhere, but I don't have the flag.)

Next question. I absolutely love the Birmingham (sp?) Railroad. At first I did think it was a functioning railway so that was mildly disappointing, but I'm not sure I am using it the way it was intended/correctly. Is their a tutorial for this beautiful piece of scenery?

I love And1's usermade creations. Are these downloads available on Zoo Tek yet, or have they only been released elsewhere?

I love the idea of the Pony Ride available here. If I download it does it take anything special to make it work, or do I just stick it in the zoo and voila! Everything is peachy.

Phoenix Lang dll - What is it? I love the idea of the Ropeway but it requires this. Where do I find it?

Files that don't unzip - When you download a file and it doesn't want to be unzipped it wants to be saved to disk, what do you do?

I think that is all for right now. Sorry for a ll the questions. If I think of more I will post them. Thank you in advance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• Chickndaddy

• pukkie

• ageise02

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And 1 s animals are at Zoo Tycoon ABC, some are at ZT Center and also ZA

The pony ride requires a dll file. The dll should be in the file with it.

Tek dlls are found ins the utilities and hacks section of the downloads area.

I most likely have these trees too but in a combined file so I am not sure where to search as I am kind of unorganised

However I did send you some required item to you in a pm

For the train I'd suggest to pm Jane as she made it so I think she will tell you how to get the best results with it.

As to your more technical related question about unzipped files I am not sure what you mean but if you mean that the files want to be saved as ztd file I would save them in a special folder and copy/paste the item to your dlupdatefolder when you want to use it.

Savannahjan

I believe the Steve Irwin items are located at Zoo Tycoon Unlimited. There is a current link in the ZT fansites area. We have both the Fern .dll and the ZTP .dll in the hacks and utilities section of the downloads, as Fern mentioned. These files make the buildings and attractions actually work for the guests. Without these files, the items will just sit there as scenery only. It's a good idea to keep these in your main ZooTycoon folder at all times. They will be updated from time to time, and you might miss the announcement, so you might just go in and get them every few months to see if they've been updated. If you put these in your dlupdates folder by mistake, they won't make the buildings work, they must be in the main ZT folder. As to the files that don't seem to want to be unzipped, they may actually already be unzipped. Check the file extension and if it is .ztd, then the file is ready to be moved into the dlupdates folder. If it ends in .zip or .rar, but it still doesn't unzip properly, I would suggest redownloading. If it is still a problem, please post the file here and someone can check on it.

The railroad is a wonderful download, I think you have to work and play around with it to find the best ways to use it.

genkicoll

1. The animatronic Steve Irwin statue is at Unleashed (not Unlimited), made by (I think) Dr. Rick.

2. Sounds like my weeping tree pack. It's here in our downloads.

4. Wild Wings is a ZA pack

5. We would love to host the official downloads, but though I spent hours on the phone and on the net trying to get us permission, I never did get to the right person. So frustrating!! >_< I'll have to ask Wendy/Zox how they got permission.

Some of And 1's files are available here, but not many. He keeps us updated in his projects thread, but most you'll have to download from one of the sites Fern mentioned.

The lang dlls are available in our Hacks and Utilities section, as Fern mentioned. They go in your main Zoo Tycoon folder (not the Updates or dlupdate folder). Dll's are language files that tell the game what your working items (such as restaurants, attractions, gift shops, etc) are supposed to do and the text that goes with them.

I don't understand what you mean about files that don't want to be unzipped... Almost all of our downloads are zipped, and when you unzip them, you they should all (save the .dll files) be .ztd's. Can you give us more information about what you'd like to know?

Thank you Pukkie for the Steve Irwin Pack! :autumn: I love it. Thank you genkicoll it was. Thank you Fern and Savannahjan.

Okay I will play with the railroad. Sometimes I make one and it looks okay, and other times it just looks awkward. I figured Wild Wings was a ZA download as well as the White Rhino. Would it be possible for anyone to send me the files? I will also have to search for And1's downloads as well.

I understand about the files now as well. Some of them when I download are ready to be put in without being unzipped. I thought you had to unzip everything... *sigh* I'll learn...lol

So Tek doesn't host the official downloads. What were the official ones? Do we have a list so I can check mine? I remember back when I could select 'Check Internet' and it would pull them up and it no longer does that. The newest disc I bought has animals that weren't on the original disc I had, but it was missing the Sable and the American Flag. I have the sable now, but I liked the look of the flag.

And lastly a few more questions.

6. I also remember a beautiful unicorn statue. It was standing in a flower bed in a "normal" position, (ie: not rearing, or anything else) I believe the statue was in color (white) and the flowers were colored as well. I would love to have this one again as it was very pretty.

Is there a tutorial for the Ropeway?

genkicoll

That statue is by Sundance. Spring Rebirth... I have an updated (by Sundance) version on my computer... Did I forget to add it to the downloads here??

I think we have a tutorial on the Ropeway. Look in the tutorial section of our ZT1 area.

The best way to keep from losing your downloads is save or burn them to a disc that way when your roommate reformats you have them saved :D Every thing that i have ever downloaded for zoo tycoon i have on disc just incase pc crashes or harddrive goes out :D I must have 2 gigs of dl's for ZT......

One thing I do, is always have the grid on when building. There are things like columns and the rope way that you want to line up and they are only 1/4 tile items so the grid helps you place them in the right place

I always have the grid on...lol Always... And I've started saving all the things I've found again on discs.

Genki I didn't see a tutorial and I searched for Spring Rebirth, but I didn't find it anywhere.

And I love your Brick Garden Pack (if you look in at my screenshots you can see I used it everywhere) but the big pink wisteria is killing me. I just got through building this marvelous courtyard when you walk in and suddenly random wisteria started floating. I've never noticed this before? :whoa: Have you ever noticed this?