Newest Member
    pERAS

• And 1
    • MetaKnight
    • kenny
    • Goosifer

doing multiple zoos

mrspiggy

I want to work on different zoos at the same time, each with their own specific downloads, ie: christmas, fall, zoo club contests,etc.

My problem is, when I want to work on lest say the christmas zoo,I have to take out all the fall items, etc.... which makes it very time consuming.

In my UPDATE folder I have several subfolders: buildings, animals, foliage, etc. where I place all my downloads.

Once I copy/paste the items I want to use for that specific zoo into the regular UPDATE folder, I open my zoo and continue to build... that's fine, but if I get tired of that zoo and want to play with another, then I'm stuck with having lots of items in my (zoo menu) that doesn't have anything to do with the zoo I want to work on...

Is there a way to get around this????

Also, is there a hack that will allow all downloads(even from different sites) to be place in the zoo menu, in the order that I WANT???? It's so frustrating having to scroll through the whole menu to find the items I want.

thank you

laura

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ageise02

• mrspiggy

• luvmy83wing

• pukkie

I want to work on different zoos at the same time, each with their own specific downloads, ie: christmas, fall, zoo club contests,etc.

My problem is, when I want to work on the christmas zoo for example,I have to take out all the fall items, etc.... which makes it very time consuming.

In my UPDATE folder I have several subfolders: buildings, animals, foliage, etc. where I place all my downloads.

Once I copy/paste the items I want to use for that specific zoo into the regular UPDATE folder, I open my zoo and continue to build... that's fine, but if I get tired of that zoo and want to play with another, then I'm stuck with having lots of items in my (zoo menu) that doesn't have anything to do with the zoo I want to work on...

Is there a way to get around this????

Also, is there a hack that will allow all downloads(even from different sites) to be place in the zoo menu, in the order that I WANT???? It's so frustrating having to scroll through the whole menu to find the items I want.

thank you

laura

Have you tried combining your files .... if not there is a wonderful tutitorial done and you can find it here http://zootekphoenix.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=369. Using this you could combine all of the uci's for say the christmas zoo into one ztd, all the uci's for the fall zoo into one ztd, all uci's for the ZOTM contest into one ztd, etc. this would mean you only had to move one ztd and maybe one map which would speed the process up and simplify things a little.

Savannahjan

Years ago, LAwebTek made a hack, which I think may still be available in our downloads area, that adds menu headings for catalogs of items by Ghirin, LA and Catfish, but I'm not sure these work with our new download system. I can't think of any way to reorder items in the drop down menu. Boy, if we could do that it would be SO much easier to build when you have a ton of downloads in a game. The last time I was working on more than one project at a time, I made folders within the dlupdates folder for each contest. I would move the whole lot of them in and out of the folders before opening the zoos, it wasn't too bad doing it that way.

That's what I do I have several folders in my DLUPDATE folder and just move the ztds in and out as I need them.

i read the tutitorial, downloaded WinRar, made a folder of all the christmas items i wanted, selected all, then clicked on extract...it did it's thing, but now what. The folder is still a folder will all the ztds inside, i can't copy/past the folder into updates, it would still be a folder, nothing was zipped into a single file. Read their instructions, and it went right over my head. So what am I doing wrong?????

You have unzipped everything and extracted the ZTD's into a folder with in the folder that the zips were extracted to correct meaning you are showing a folder on your desktop and inside that folder there is another folder this folder I am refering to should have cfgs and such in it

Basically if you are combineing alot of ztd's you should start the tutitorial just below the second picture then after the step under the fourth picture you move back to the step below the second picture to finish the ztd

no just can't get it to work. will have to do something different. thanks for your help.

if you give me a list of the downloads you want specifically and they are available here at tek or at the designers guild I will combine them for you and send you the combined ztd in zip form if you have any other files from other sites you would need to email them to me. Check your msgs in you PM folder I'm sending you my email addy

mrspiggy after you extract the files you have to extract the ztd files to the same folder and after they are all in there you zip the file and rename it with a .ztd extension.