Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• HeatherL
    • ryrysnysny
    • TRIFORCE89

hedge height

mrspiggy

If you want to use the invisible fence, can you place flowers, hedges, etc. outside by the path and still have the guests obtain a happiness rating when they look at the animal or does it make them not see the animal at all.

I know you can't totally block their view, but putting in the flowering hedge for example,

can they see over the hedge or does it work like a solid piece of fence?

Savannahjan

That's a good question mrspiggy. I think it varies for each piece. I'll let the coding experts answer this one, I'm anxious to know as well.

thanks, that would be great. It would be interesting to know what foliage we could use or not use.

genkicoll

I'll have to download the flowering hedges to see how they're configured. The cHeight setting inside the .uca is what determines whether guests can see past an item. A setting of 1 means they can see over the item, a 2 or 3 means they can't see past it unless they are up a level or two higher than the item. The in-game hedges are set to a height of 2, so the guests can't see past them. I use them to block the animals from guests' view when needed ^__^

I always assumed that guests could see past the in-game flowerbeds, but some of them them are set to a height setting of two >_<

Fern, thank you so much for the information.

Now I realize why some of my exhibits don't get guest thoughts, they were having a hard time seeing the animals. I like to use the large purple flower bed around the outside of some of my exhibits, now I will have to adjust my thinking.

Is there anyway for us to check the height for .uca items before we place them in the zoo?

genkicoll

I tend to set most of my items to a height of one (see-through) unless it's just too tall for them to see past. All of my flowerbeds and brick gardens are set to a height of one, for instance. Trees with thin trunks I will generally set for guests to see past, but the thicker trees they aren't able to see past. You'll have to do one of two things on the user-created items. Either ask about specific items or look in the .ucas yourself. If you look at the tutorials about combining ztds, you'll see how to open a ztd to look. I like to use WinRar because you don't actually have to unzip a ztd to see inside it - just double click to look at the contents, find the .uca and take a peek ^__^

If you go this route, what you're looking for is the cHeight setting. If it's 1, guests can see past it. Anything else they will have to be higher to see over it. For instance, a building that has a cHeight = 3 the guests would have to be up 3 levels in order to see over it.