JT12
    Newest Member
    JT12

• Fern
    • ZKH

my downtown zoo

mrspiggy

ZooGrammy

I love how you laid out the last two pics. I had to snatch a copy of them to study.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrspiggy

• pukkie

• ZooGrammy

• ARIZNANA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank you everyone. I still have a lot do, mostly foliage (which I'm not that good at). Hopefully it will not take me a year to finish..

Fern, I tried using both but they left ridges. The only thing I found that made the road smooth and looked a bit like asphalt, was dirt. I'm still not happy with the look though. But until someone can design sections of road (hint hint) I guess I will just have to keep experimenting...

• 1 month later...
barbinflorida

Great looking zoo! where did you get the wonderful water/swimming pool area in the first screenshot, it's fabulous.

Thanks, barb

• 3 years later...

I was never really satisfied with the final outcome of this project, so I put it away for a couple of years.

Then I took it out last year and decided to give it another try. The guest happiness was pretty low, 55-60.

Even though this was never meant to be a guest zoo , I wanted to see if I could raise it a bit higher and still keep to my original plan.

I reworked most of the map and brought the guest happiness up to 97. I though great, I'm done. But again the surrounding areas was not to my liking. Something just wasn't right, didn't know what it was, but it was bugging me but I could live with it.... I was done.

But, then when Ariznana said, hey folks, look,no walls. Well that opened up the flood gates and...

I just couldn't help my self. Starting working on removing the outside wall and when I did that, then I moved on to making more changes and so on and so on....and so on. When I removed most of the animals the guest happiness dropped back down to 83 and it has been inching its way back up--87. Good enough for me to say. I'M FINALLY FINISHED.. took over 4 years of RL and 27 years of zoo life.

But in the end I am happy with what I've done.

This is the section to the right of the entrance, this area gave me the most trouble. I decided in the end to go with horse farms, like they have in Kentucky.

post-29002-135967680829_thumb.jpg

As you pass through the covered bridge you enter into the city, then travel up to the church and then on to the swimming hole.

post-29002-135967696943_thumb.jpgpost-29002-135967698482_thumb.jpg

From the swimming hole, you can then go camping and take a walk in the coniferous forest where you will meet a grizzly bear a few beaver, elk and may be even see a bald eagle

post-29002-135967729807_thumb.jpg

post-29002-135967730919_thumb.jpg

post-29002-135967738322_thumb.jpg

This section is the Vet Hospital and School. Here you will learn how to take care of endangered animals and also breed animals for other zoos. Occasionally you will have to take care of a sick horse from one of the farms.

post-29002-135967771359_thumb.jpg

post-29002-135967773971_thumb.jpg

post-29002-135967775492_thumb.jpg

Here you have the city government buildings. When the workers have a break they can walk around the swan pond and buy some lovely flowers to take home. This area also has a hotel, restaurant,and botanical garden. The school now has a new 4H section which the kids love to visit on their lunch break. Speaking of lunch, you can't have a school with having a McDonalds near by.

post-29002-135967805557_thumb.jpg

post-29002-135967806889_thumb.jpg