• Total Members
    • Most Online

pERAS
    Newest Member
    pERAS

• Richy III

download

mrspiggy

Is there any way to tell from which site an item was downloaded from? Is there a way to open the file to check?

example:

Gazebo.ztd

thanks

laura

ZooGrammy

The file can be opened with Notebook but that probably won't tell you where it came from. There are quite a few gazebos at ZA. If you post a picture of the object someone might be able to identify it.

I have a file from ZA which is called Gazebo.ztd. Here is a pic.

genkicoll

There is usually no way to tell which site a file comes from just by looking at the ztd. There are a few exceptions:

1. Sometimes we (designers) will add the initials of the site to the file name. For instance, ZTPWaterfall.ztd or TekWaterfall.ztd, that kind of thing.

2. If you keep the original zip file you download, there will sometimes be either a .txt file, a .jpg or both, which may tell you where the ztd came from.

3. Sometimes there is a text file inside the ztd that will have the information of the site where it was downloaded from. I know that Ghirin does this sometimes, both on her animals and non-animal files.

thanks for the information.

In the beginning I didn't place the ztds in separate folders when I opened them....wish now that I had. oh well, we live and learn.

Didn't even think of saving the zip file. Now I do....

With tons of downloads to go through and separate it's going to be a big project....

When we do contests, how can you tell if an item comes from this site or another site, if the item is available at both.??

genkicoll

The two quickest ways to find out:

1. Ask

2. Use the Search function in the Downloads section ^__^

What I'm trying to do is (what I should have done in the beginning) make a book of all the items I have downloaded, where they came from,what the item looks like...and where I have place the file.

That way when I do a zoo and want a specific item, all I have to do is look in my zoo book and should be able to find it easy...

Way back in the beginning, I didn't register at the sites,(too shy) I just downloaded the items available. Don't even know for sure which sites they came from and ZA is still recovering...I'm still waiting for my two favorite items to be available for download. I'm registered there so I check every day.

I'm not even sure what some of these items look like, I just have their ztd name. So I guess I will have to put the ones I can't find into a zoo and take a screenshot for reference.

As for the contests, what I meant was. If an item is listed at one site and again here. Should I have a separate file for each, or would one download be ok. Since each site recommends that you only use items from their site.

How can they tell if it was downloaded from their site and not here? Does that make since??

Thanks again for the help.

genkicoll

It makes perfect sense. If the file is available at multiple sites, the file will be exactly the same at each site, so it wouldn't matter where you downloaded it from. As long as that site has the item in their download database, it would be allowed for their contest (depending on the rules of the contest, of course).

Just for the sake of curiosity, what are the two favorites you are waiting for?

Oh thanks, that will save me a lot of time

I'm waiting for the Clapboard Hotel and the pink roof candy shop. I lost both when my computer crashed.

mrspiggy in order for the file to be the same one it has to be created by the same person. There are multiples that are created by more than one person and they might have different ID numbers and so wouldn't show up in the judges game when they checked out your entry.