• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• MaastrichianFan
    • Fern

Holiday Tree Farm Scenario

KTesch

I'm currently playing ZT1:CC and am on the Holiday Tree Farm Scenario and can get my Moose exhibit fine, but can't seem to get my Grizzly Bear exhibit right, as I keep running out of money quickly,one, and two, i'm not sure how many/what attractions to put in. This seems to be such a difficult map to work with even though it is small. I had tried to put the Grizzly Bear exhibit in back behind all the trees, but not too many people went back there, and that area is flat and these guys like a hilly terrain. All the hilly parts are covered with snow. I'm also trying to figure out how to do this without cutting into the Tree Farmer's profit. Any ideas?

Kim

Well I believe I never played it but couldn't you replace the snowy parts on the hills with coniferous forrest floor?

You could try to place the building where a bear is giving a show (never know how that building is named though I use it all the time). People love to go there and it gives your zoo extra money. Another suggestion is to place a restaurant. I wish you good luck let me know when you get to finish it!

Guest Eragon845

You should restart and BEFORE you do anything,hold down:Shift and 4.That way you don`t have to waste your money and can spend as much as you want.With that,this scenario is a breeze!

Savannahjan

This map is very wooded, so you could sell off some of the trees. Also, make the grizzly exhibit smaller than usual, if you put in only one bear, it can actually be a lot smaller, say 65x65 or so, and you might try placing it over on the left, where the map begins to elevate. As pukkie said, the animal theatre does bring in a good bit of revenue. Raise your zoo admission fee to $49, the guests will come right on in, and also, you can increase the prices for the theatre.

Pukkie, as Jan mentioned in her post, the "bear thing" is called the Animal Theater. I did try raising my admission prce to $29 at first, but that didn't seem to work. And I'm thinking about maybe an Animal House ( not sure which one yet, rather than the Carousel,Animal Theater, Elephant ride, Japanese Garden or Restaurant, as they tell you what to put in in the description, although I'm sure not everybody goes by the descriptions.

Thank you. I'll try the suggestions.

Kim

• 1 month later...

Kim,

Here's a shot of my Holiday Tree farm - I won this one on the 2nd try. For $$ I just sold the trees when I ran low. Since you don't want to do that . . . Build your bear & moose zoo first for just one animal each & make sure the exhibits have a very high suitability, then your animals will be really happy & your guests will really enjoy themselves. - add a restaurant, gift shop, & money making attraction - keep your admission to $29. Just run your zoo for a few months to get some income & build your artic wolf exhibit. The reindeer exhibit is kinda hard & I only tried it because I had all the other things conquered but if you're having trouble winning the scenario, I'd leave the reindeer to Santa.

Remember that you can get bonus $$ for highly suitable exhibits, happy customers, providing high quality care & when you get real low on cash you'll get the $10,000 bail out to help you along. There's also a method to 'make money' that's not considered cheating & I've used it a few times when I was in a bind: build several connecting 1 x 20 marine tanks; then merge the tanks by deleting the walls between them. You'll end up with more money than when you started building the tanks!!!! (I learned this from PZ over at ZTUF).

post-305-1173303128_thumb.jpg

Guest zoomeister

One building that I found that is a great fund raiser for your zoo is the Animal Adoption building at Zoo Admin. Another fantastic breadwinner is the IMax from the same site. Either one of these buildings are sure to pump up the amount of income for your zoo, no matter how many guests you have. Also if you cannot download those buildings, the carousel and the elephant ride are sure winners. There is also the compost heap for that extra bang to your pooper scooper squads. Investment in attractions that charge an entrance fee are always good money sense for Tycooning!

right now Zoo Admin is having quite a bit of trouble with their site. it is only open to registered members & their downloads are not available ~ but keep checking back with them, i'm sure they'll be up & running at full speed very soon

You know what? Maybe that's the problem. Making families when I only need one animal of each in the scenario. Did anybody else who has completed this scenario ever find time to go back in and add a female animal to the exhibits after they were all done with the initial goals? I was trying to make families in this scenario because if they have a baby/babies, that can boost guest happiness too. And 2. Does it matter which animal I start with? I've read you should start with the Moose, so that's what I've done each time I've played the scenario. Moose, Bear and haven't been able as of yet to tackle the Arctic Wolves, which from what I've read could also give me problems, but we'll see.

Kim