Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• MsOnary
    • Graweu
    • TheOneCalledWaffle
    • Hawkkeye666

Guest 1065

Kreek

I decided to open a new topic, because Pukkie rightly pointed out that this is easier for those of you who are on diall up. This is a zoo where I experimented with a couple of things, a waterfall among one thing. Right... going to try something else now... not sure if this will work :JC-thinking:

hello, my name is guest 1065. I know it's not much of a name, but bear with me. Because if I do this right, the manager of Antler Garden has promised me a job as a tourguide! :glitter_happy: Tourguide 1065, now that sounds a whole lot better, doesn't it? So, this is my trial run. Now the manager doesn't believe in loading you up with tons of information, especially since you are an experienced group. so I will just try to lead you through this Zoo and hope you like the job I'm doing.

post-98901-129016498404_thumb.jpg

Right now we're standing at the entrance of Antler Garden. This park once belonged to a very well off business woman Lady Everett who started it as a deer park, centuries ago. The park however has only been open to the public for a couple of years and now contains other animals as well. As we start walking, there's a restaurant to your left and a theatre to your right, now showing a live version of bambi for your kids.

post-98901-129016512764_thumb.jpg

Further along you can see the beautiful gardens to your left and right. These are cared for by a whole group of volunteers to whom we are very grateful. To provide greenery all year round and since it can get pretty cold here, we are mostly an evergreen Zoo. Also, look up at the beautiful arches supporting roses as old as when this zoo first started.

We continue accross the main fountain square alongside the duck ponds.

post-98901-129016528513_thumb.jpg

The ducks are the off spring of hand picked duck by Lady Everett herself. History has it she was very fond of her ducks, some even lived in the house with her. And here also is the Zoo map. Ahead is the inn, for you to stop, rest, chat and eat for a bit.

We turn right and stop for a bit on the cross roads.

post-98901-129016551056_thumb.jpg

If you like birds, the bird house is to your right, with beautiful predatory birds.

post-98901-129016565235_thumb.jpg

We also have baby birds, but since they need special care, they're in our hatchery, which we'll see at the end of the tour. To your left there's zoovenier's shop, and a petting zoo. Also be sure to visit the adoption centre where not only are you able to adopt an animal for your own. would really help us out financially. Also to the right hand sight you'll find our first exhibit containing the European red deer.

post-98901-129016597714_thumb.jpg

Widely spread in Europe, these deer have been given a large amount of space and are thriving. We also managed to give this garden a no fence feeling. The only visible feature are dots on the ground, which we instated, because people kept running into the fence. The doors are also visible. Who can guess why? Yes, right. The zoo keepers forgot where the doors were! Feel free to explore the area and I will see you in in an hour. I hope I'm doing well so far? If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

post-98901-129016679801_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kreek

• pukkie

• Firehawke

• Fern

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fern: Really? Can you tell me which buildings?

One is in the top picture by the gate in front of the barn.

And another is the one you refer to as an inn. Could be I am just not used to seeing them ingame.

One is in the top picture by the gate in front of the barn.

And another is the one you refer to as an inn. Could be I am just not used to seeing them ingame.

Yes, one is an inn, Friend's inn or something. The other came with a fairy village pack and is a theatre. Both I got right here from zootec, I think...

you think right :elkgrin: the friend's inn is from Jane and the fairy pack was recently released and created by SavannahJan and/or Jane if I am not mistaking.

But they are definatley Tek's

I love your nes screens The gardens are so lovely especially the ones with the hedge decoration fence around them :wub:

Love the use of flowers there too :wub:

Lay out is simply great :clap:

This zoo looks awesome! What path are you using for the main path??? What map are you using???

Keep up the great work!

Thank you all for the marvelous compliments. I love using flowers and create some sort of color combination. I guess it's the Libra in me. I'm always searching for harmony.

Firehawke: I'm using the medium grassy zoo map. The path I'm using came with an Atlantis pack from Genki here at Tek in three shades of green. It also has lovely bridges in them. Since green is my fave color, I fell in love with this path. :wub:

Jane: I'm glad you like the story! So, let us continue...

Now that the group is complete again, please follow me. We're going a little deeper into the forest where the cold took hold of the ground and reindeer immediately claimed all first snowy patches of winter. Be careful not to slip on the stepping stones.

post-98901-129024574753_thumb.jpg

On your other hand are the Eurasian roe deer, well known for its famous member. Who can guess what member? Correct. It's bambi of course. Next we're coming upon a square designed purely for your relaxation. There's hot chocolate of course, but follow me onto this bridge and you'll see what I mean.

post-98901-129024576202_thumb.jpg

post-98901-129024583149_thumb.jpg

'When you look one way, hidden between the evergreens, some ripe with first year's snow, you'll see our Spa. A perfect place to enjoy a hot tub and warm up. Now, when we turn around...

post-98901-129024585174_thumb.jpg

post-98901-129024588199_thumb.jpg

The waterfalls are our most beautiful feature. I could stand here all afternoon and watch them. Also, don't miss the swans. They really feel at home here. Now, the waterfall contains a secret. Perhaps you would care to take a guess? I wonder who'll get this right. So follow me, we'll back track accross the square and up the waterfall.

post-98901-129024595573_thumb.jpg

And here it is, our most guarded secret. Behind and below the waterfall is an extensive cave system. From what we know it dates back all the way back to prehistory and is probably the reason Lady Everett settled down here in the first place, being a archeologist at heart, the caves are littered with fosils. Some say she found a dragon there...

We made them accessible for you to enjoy. So go ahead and explore this beatifull place. I will wait for you on the other side in the Japanese garden.

post-98901-129024597634_thumb.jpg

I love the waterfall! :glitter_happy:

Great job with the landscaping---everything looks so natural!!!

Thanks for the info!

Keep up the great work!

Kreek,

What a wonderfull zoo and I love your building skills ,there GREAT!

You tell a super story as well ........Your very talented...

Thanks for sharing....

Hugs,

bambiferret