Newest Member
    Sladhued

• LapisLazuli77
    • Zanthia
    • Truly_happy
    • MaastrichianFan

Elevation and Observation

Lynx54321

To see the stars in ZT1, you have to go into the exhibit information. Each exhibit gets stars based on popularity.

Hey Lynx---could we get another angle on the swim shack so we could see the entrance??? I'm wondering if the elevation leading up to the entrance might be off.

In that picture I had actually replaced the swim shack with a dolphin swim, having reversed that choice the swim shack does now work, its just very unpopular haha. Ties in with nobody going anywhere in the zoo apart from to the show tanks I imagine.

Ok I can now conclusively say that shutting down the shows fixed the guest flow problem, setting all shows to never resulted in guests moving around the zoo as normal visiting all exhibits. Does anyone have any more tips about where to place show tanks then? I have read before that having them in the centre of the zoo is the best option but in mine it just congested every guest into that area.

Glad it's working for you!

As for placing the shows, I try to not have them right by the entrance. And if I want to have more than one show tank, I try to have them far apart so the guests have to move through the zoo. I also try to have a restaraunt right by the show to help take care of the guest issues (food, bathroom, etc) and to tempt them away from the shows so they get a bit of a break.

Good luck!

I agree with Firehawk, you might want to put some sort of restaurant by the show and toward the way you want them to go. If you change your shows to infrequent, the guest may also move around more. By the way, great layout. Looks like you have some very happy whale sharks.

Here is a picture in ZTCC with And1's Irrawaddy Dolphin's tank. As you can see on the right side, this tank has 5 stars!! That's the highest you can get. Most exhibits don't have any stars. Like I said, I have been told that no one knows how ZT rates these exhibits or that it has any affect on happiness or suitability. It's just something I think ZT put in, but never expanded on,. :gaah_:

post-95207-130024845356_thumb.jpg

nana_nytowl

I also had trouble with no one using the swim shack in the last zoo that I built. It was really frustrating as I've never had a problem with it before. Tried deleting it and putting another one in and it still wasn't being used. :( So not sure what the problem is..............

Very nice zoo Lynx. Have you thought about joining one of the clubs (like "Creatures of the Deep" LOL) to share your building talents with the rest of the Tek community?? If you would like to join the "Creatures" you'd be most welcome.

:post-6-1170309992:

I'm flattered by the offer but I'm really far too much of a casual player to commit any time to such a group. Thanks anyway though.

I have another question now though haha, is it possible to have a zoo without the exterior fence?

• 2 weeks later...

Me, too!!!

You could always surround the fencing with foliage to hide it.