• Most Online

Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• MarkBL20

Windows 7 issues.

Guest critters30

Guest critters30

I upgraded to Windows 7 so Wildlife Park 3 would work, and now Zoo Tycoon 2 wont install. The base game and Endangered Species installed fine and plays great, but I get error messages if I try to install African Adventures, Marine Mania, Extinct Animals, or even if I try to update it or install the Addax add-on.

It keeps giving me one of 2 error messages, either LOC_WRONGUSER, which is absurd as my account is not only the admin account, but the ONLY account on my pc, or I get LOC_ZT2NOTINSTALLED.

Any ideas? I have been searching for days and have yet to find a solution that works.

Thanks!

Savannahjan

Hey Watchdog. Try looking through the topics further down in the ZT2 General discussion area. There are several threads that discuss problems installing ZT2 using Windows 7.

Guest critters30
Hey Watchdog. Try looking through the topics further down in the ZT2 General discussion area. There are several threads that discuss problems installing ZT2 using Windows 7

I have, and they all seem to be about memory issues or the "3rd Disc" issue. I don't have either of those issues. My pc has 4 GB of ram, but the base game and Endangered Species installed/plays fine. I bought all of my discs separately, as they were released, so the 3rd disc thing is not an issue either. I googled the error messages and only found a few old posts about them, none of which gave any solution.

Guest critters30

You guys are gonna love this. I left a post in Microsoft Answers yesterday to see if I could get any help there. A "Support Engineer" replied today by telling me to go post my question in the official Zoo Tycoon forums. Ummm, one problem with that, they closed those forums to any new posts/replies in 2008. Windows 7 didn't even get released until 2009, so there is no way there would be any archived posts about Windows 7 in the forum either. You would think a Microsoft support employee would know this lol. I had already gone to the forums days ago to see if anyone with Vista had the same issue, but came up empty.

Here is the post if you would like to read it. Microsoft Answers Post

I tried everything suggested in the post above, and got nowhere. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling each time I made a change. All that did was waste a lot of time taking the game out and putting it back in lol.

Do any of you think my issue could be that my game discs are too old? I bought each expansion separately, the day it was released. or within a week of release. I know when they did the UC, they had to do some major revamping because of compatibility issues, maybe I need to buy the final release of the ultimate collection? I am just getting frustrated and "grabbing for straws". I have been looking for a fix for 3 weeks now, and still have nothing.

Savannahjan

Geez. The tech who answered your post might be too young to even remember ZooTycoon. I run Windows 7 on my laptop and did have problems getting the 2nd disc of ZT1 to install, but it finally did work, and the games runs fine. What I find weird is that on a powerful, gamer edition laptop, ZT still stresses it like crazy, fans roaring. I can't help but wonder if the next gen operating system with 'just say no' to ZT.

Perhaps the last edition of the discs would work. Good luck, hope you can get it worked out.

Guest critters30

Geez. The tech who answered your post might be too young to even remember ZooTycoon. I run Windows 7 on my laptop and did have problems getting the 2nd disc of ZT1 to install, but it finally did work, and the games runs fine. What I find weird is that on a powerful, gamer edition laptop, ZT still stresses it like crazy, fans roaring. I can't help but wonder if the next gen operating system with 'just say no' to ZT.

Perhaps the last edition of the discs would work. Good luck, hope you can get it worked out.

That's the weird thing, ZT1 installed and plays perfectly, both disks. It is ZT2 that is causing all the frustration lol. You would think the newer program would be more compatible.

well I hope you can work it out I am a computer twit and not likely to be of any help but if you now have all the disc seperately why not try the ZT2 Ultimate collection?

Guest critters30

well I hope you can work it out I am a computer twit and not likely to be of any help but if you now have all the disc separately why not try the ZT2 Ultimate collection?

Yep, I guess it is the only thing I can do. This is soo frustrating. I can't even use most of the user made stuff like RR or even the mustang, it causes my game to crash without the expansions. I just have to hope I can still find a copy once I get enough cash for it. I am disabled and on a very fixed income. When I bought it all before I had a really good job and could afford them. Grrr, stupid Microsoft, they find one way or another to squeeze it outta ya lol. They could release a compatibility patch, but instead they make you buy it all over again.

ZooGrammy

I would send a PM to Menolly. She has Windows 7 on a laptop and plays ZT2 as well as having a bunch of user made dls.

Guest critters30

I would send a PM to Menolly. She has Windows 7 on a laptop and plays ZT2 as well as having a bunch of user made dls.

Can't hurt, I will look her up. Thanks for the info. :th_hapydancsmil: