• woesh
    • Goosifer
    • Fern
    • Hawkkeye666
    • (Admin)Cricket

Windows 7 issues.

Guest critters30

Guest critters30

It won't even let me do the patch, which really sucks because what I can get to install is really buggy without the patch. The patch gives me the same errors as the other expansions and the Addax add-on. I miss my Addax too. :(

Savannahjan

Have you tried the compatibility checker? It's in the control panel somewhere, you can search for it, and it asks you how you want Windows to run it. You pick from a list of older operating systems. I remember doing that in the very beginning once I got ZT installed. If you have the base game installed, maybe doing this step would allow you to install the upgrades. Just a thought.

Menolly

Sorry, I haven't replied to your request sooner Watchdog. Been working overtime. I've consulted my son and he said to go to CD drive and find file marked setup.exe right click on it and go to properties and make sure you are in the compatible section, Check mark the compatibility mode with window XP (service pack 3) and at the end on the drop down box in privileges check mark run this program as an administrator. Can do this for downloads too if needed. I hope this helps with your problem.

Guest critters30

Sorry, I haven't replied to your request sooner Watchdog. Been working overtime. I've consulted my son and he said to go to CD drive and find file marked setup.exe right click on it and go to properties and make sure you are in the compatible section, Check mark the compatibility mode with window XP (service pack 3) and at the end on the drop down box in privileges check mark run this program as an administrator. Can do this for downloads too if needed. I hope this helps with your problem.

Yep, I had already tried your suggestions, but couldn't remember if I had tried them with a clean boot, so I did that. Even with a clean boot it still doesn't work.

Thank you for your time though. I have a feeling it is either that my discs are all first release disks, and are not ones that were released after they did all the compatibility formatting, and/or it is because I have Windows 7 x64. Do you have 64 bit or 32?

Maybe anyone reading this, if you can, or can't, get it to work with Windows 7, post and let us know which version of 7 it is and what issues you have, if any. System specs might be helpful as well. The more information that can be compiled the better (maybe?).

I wonder too if other factors such as ram or video cards could be an issue. I know others have had memory issues, but since I have never gotten a memory warning, and the messages I am getting do not seem to point to it, I hadn't really considered it until now. Hum, looks like I have a project for later, now i just need to find the time . . . to be continued lol.

For now, my system specs. Maybe this info can help someone help me lol. :)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition Quad-Core Processor

4GB Corsair Dual-Channel DDR2 800MHz (PC6400) Ram - Timing(5-5-5-18)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 Graphics Card

All drivers and software are 100% up to date.

What will install :

Base game and Endangered Species for ZT2, but it is buggy since it won't update. Occasionally crashes, often while saving.

Funny enough, ZT1 installs in it's entirety with no issues during install, or play, go figure.

What won't install :

Everything else for ZT2 including all other expansions, updates and official add-ons.

User created content causes crashes, even if it is designed to work with any or no expansions.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times that I can count. I even uninstalled, did a full hard disk clean up and defrag, and then tried to reinstall with a clean boot and it still didn't work lol.

Thank you to all who have been so graciously trying to help me thus far. I really appreciate it! :hug2:

Guest critters30

Well I thought I was getting close to a solution, but it only worked for my daughter's pc. Her pc has Windows 7 x64, but she only has 2 GB of ram. I got the entire game to install on her computer, minus the Addax, it gives an error message that says Zoo Tycoon 2 is not installed. I googled that error, tried several fixes, and nothing worked.

I tried turning my ram down using msconfig, but it didn't work. Then I tried physically pulling a stick of ram out of my pc, and no go. I still get the same errors.

My daughter's pc only has a dual core processor and she has a much older video card, so now I am wondering if the game just doesn't properly recognize the video card or cpu. Could my pc be to "advanced" for the game I wonder?