• Most Online

Thorbjc
    Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• Hawkkeye666
    • TheOneCalledWaffle

Animals blocked in front of their shelter

MaTT²

Well .. I have a new problem with my zoo, that I've never seen till now : my animals stay blocked just in front of their shelters when then want to go out

I explain : I have only 4 exhibits (for the moment), my animals are well adapted, it's a zoo I began months ago and everything was ok.

But now, after few minutes, my animals stay blocked in front of their shelters, they walk "stuck on place" and it begains always with the olive baboons, than to all the others animals. When I remove them in the exhibit, they seems "motionless", sat on the grass and don't move anymore.

At the beginning I thought it was caused by shelters I downloaded, and I deleted it from the Updates folder, but it didn't stop, I uninstalled & reinstalled the game, without any downloaded files ... and they're still blocked :sad: I really don't know what could cause that ?

Does somebody have an idea before I reinstall again and sort out my files (again..) ?

Big thanks in advance !

Can you tell me what the items are that are in your zoo when the problem started?

Also sometimes when the saved zoo is corrupted it doesn't matter what you do and only thing to do is delete the zoo and start from scratch again

Savannahjan

That's the first time I've heard of this. One thing you could try is to delete the shelter as it is over the animal. That should free the animal to resume it's normal animations. But if they go into the next shelter you place and can't get out, I agree with Pukkie, the game may be corrupted. That would be a shame, since the zoo is truly amazing. I hope someone else has some insight into this problem.

I sent this to Jay

If you want you can send us the zoo. We can use the program we have to see what downloads are used so we do not need those but we would need to know what hacks you might be using as many of them conflict with each other and sometimes with other files.

It can't hurt to ask for the zoo, but I might not be able to determine anything. Usually when animals come out of shelters, they lie down right in front of the shelter. That is usually what they will do in real life as well, until they are hungry or thirsty. Some in-game animals will occasionally do other things. For example, zebras will occasionally run around. But some animals don't move around when they are happy, and only move when they are not happy, unless they have a need to satisfy, such as hunger, thirst, or a need for sleep. However, walking in place would be a different problem. Although that is common in ZT, it usually does not last long before ZT determines to have the animal do something else. Walking in place can happen more often if the computer is not powerful enough to handle the zoo.

If you do ask for the zoo, it is also useful to know if they have any hacks in any ZT folder. It could also be useful to know how much physical memory their computer has and how fast the processor is, but they might not know.

- Jay

Aww that's what I feared, to delete the zoo and start again :sad:

My computer is not very young (5 yo) but until last summer, this zoo worked perfectly (and I only have 4 exhibits inside, ..)

So before doing that, to whom may I send it?

Either pukkie, caddie or me since we can all put it where Jay can get it. come to think of it Cricket and Zoogrammy can also post things for him too.

You should be able to attach it in a pm or just post it here and then remove it once we have it. Put it in a zip file.

Hum couldn't attach it in a post or pm ... so I upload it on megaupload, here it's called "réserve du sanctuaire (jeu)"

I also tried to delete the shelter to free the animals but, even without it, they keeped walking on place ..

Hum couldn't attach it in a post or pm ... so I upload it on megaupload, here it's called "réserve du sanctuaire (jeu)"

Probably because you zipped it as a .rar.

Winrar gives you teh choice of saving as a zip or a rar. Most forums are set up to allow zip files but not all will accept .rar.

Not sure what the setting for Tek is.

Anyway I have the file and I also gave the link to Jay to get it.

There will not be any news tonight for sure as he is just getting offline for the night now

Okay ^^ for me it's quite noon in France ^^ during this time I will try to reinstall and add my downloaded files little by little ... to see what happens ...

thanks a lot !