• qkr5614
    • bxdczoo

Animals blocked in front of their shelter

MaTT²

He had a quick look

Did you use any hacks?

I am not posting the list right now

From Jay

At the end of this email, I have the zoo object list. I loaded it in-game without the user downloads. There are no exhibits because it needs the invisible fence. It also has no animals. But hopefully with the invisible fence I can tell from the exhibit names what animals are needed. However, I was hoping for a saved zoo that at the instant it was causing the person problems. I also do not know if they were using any hacks. It looks like it is an edited map, because it has zoo signs outside the zoo. That shouldn't be a problem, though. It is a very large map. But again, that should not be a problem. If you can get the saved zoo from the time when it is having problems, that would be the best. And I would need to know if hacks were used.

So here's a save with elephants, baboons and buffalos blocked (didn't find how to attach a file, even in .zip format, sorry!).

As hacks, I use the Super Hack and Freeform Unlock (don't know if it's considered as a pack ?)

Savannahjan

I have heard of a few problems with the SuperHack, but I have used it for years and never had a single issue, or with the Freeform unlock. Thanks very much to Fern and Jay for checking into this, I do hope you will be able to save your zoo.

So, BZH, you never answered if you would be interested in a zoo building contest...

I also use the Superhack for a long time and I never had any problems with it ...

I'm interested in the zoo contest, the problem is that actually, I'm on holidays so I can work on my unique zoo (the one that's bugged ^^) or, why not, new projects, but next week I come back to work and I use to travel a lot so I'm at home only few days a week :-( But anyway, if you can give me a link to see what it's all about, I'll be pleased to participate =)

Did you get this file from Tek or was it an old file you had. If an old file the following message would apply.

From Jay

One thing I noticed is that it uses the Fancy Post N Rail fence. I do not know if there is another form of that, but the one I have was from dj_pluffs and contains a setup.exe file that extracts the ztd and patches the lang0.dll. That patch would not be a good thing. So one thing the person needs to do is see if their lang0.dll is the same date as the one on the ZT CD-ROM. Even if they are the same date, if the person ran the setup.exe and had the patch run, it would still be a problem. So to play safe, I would recommend copying lang0.dll from the ZT CD-ROM to replace the one in the Zoo Tycoon main folder and also delete any ".dll" files with "backup" in their names.

I tested the zoo. The problem happens to me as well. Although it doesn't do it every time that an animal goes into a shelter, eventually all animals get stuck. I do not believe it starts with the baboons. It just usually happens to them first because they want to use shelters more often than other animals. There is also a maintenance worker stuck between the 2 exhibits. But moving the maintenance worker does not make the animal problem go away. I removed the Super Hack and Freeform Unlock, but the animal problem did not go away. I loaded, immediately paused, moved all of the animals away from the shelters, and saved into a new zoo file, but the problem still occurred in that zoo file. There are no unusual ".ai" or ".cfg" files in the remaining ".ztd" files. For example, there were no animal ".ai" files. So that leads me to believe the zoo file itself is corrupted. I cannot say what may have corrupted the zoo file. For example, I don't know if running a dll patch program caused the zoo to become corrupted or if the Super Hack caused the zoo to become corrupted or if whatever map editor was used to create the map caused the zoo to become corrupted or if running ZT with a language containing accented characters caused the zoo to become corrupted or if it was something else. My recommendation would be to copy all ".dll" files from the ZT CD-ROMs to Zoo Tycoon's main folder, remove any ".dll" file that has "backup" in its name, remove any user ".dll" file larger than 1 MB (the official lang0.dll, lang100.dll, and lang200.dll are each larger than 1 MB, and that is okay), and start from scratch with the zoo without using the Super Hack or any other hack (although the Freeform Unlock should be okay) to see if the problem happens again.

- Jay

Thanks for these recommandations !

I'm copying the dll files from the ZT CD-roms into the the ZT main folder. I already saw that the lang0.dll had a different date, so I did the change.

I also saw that, on the CD Rom, there were dll files in other folders, as 1028, 1031 etc. Should I also copy these dll files ?

Well, good news !

After copying the dll files from the Cd's, I launched the savegame and even there were still animals blocked at the beginning, it didn't happen anymore when I moved them from the shelters. Thank You !! =) Some are still motionless after I moved them, so I will try the other save without any animals and see what happens next ..