• Most Online

pERAS
    Newest Member
    pERAS

• ryrysnysny
    • Goosifer

The Sanctuary - zoo & biopark

MaTT²

Beautiful work!!! Love the layout and the landscaping...very natural!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaTT²

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• Savannahjan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of foliage indeed !! In fact, I think forest and jungle are the most difficult areas to fit out ! Animals need lots of trees, of different sorts and it's sometimes difficult to be able to see them once the exhibit is ready .. That's why I put most of the trees near the (invisible) fences to create natural ones and a kind of clearing in the middle :)

On the global overview, you will see a big forest with many clearings almost everywhere ^^

I agree...it can be hard to see the animals in some of those exhibits if the foliage is placed just right....and you are doing a great job!

And I hope I'll have the same result for the next exhibits !

To continue the visit of The Sanctuary, this is a little spring gushing from the rocks (you can see a fence close to it caus this area was still in works when I took the screenshot !)

075-sourcedelaforecirct_zpsf6f0a223.jpg

And now :

Exhibit 027 : European Red Deer (Cerf Elaphe)

Male : Lug

Female : Epona, Birgid

(names of celtic gods, I thought it was nice ones for deers, given the importance they have in celtic mythology)

Here is the exhibit (the pond is shared with the nearby exhibit, as a great clearing):

Enclos027-CerfsElaphes_zps1c74efde.jpg

Here are the pages from the Explorator's Guide :

GUIDE061_zps14da74ef.jpg

GUIDE062_zps16f2d33c.jpg

Focus on the clearing : the wooden shelter is almost hidden by the foliage and the trunks :

076-cerfseacutelaphes_zps5b318558.jpg

The animals emerging from the foliage, I love this screenshot :-)

076-cerfseacutelaphes1_zps68ae87d4.jpg

I'm actually building the next part of the deciduous forest which will present rare and endangered species .. and a brand new leisure area !

So ... the game crashed one more time .. :th_overreact:

It seems it was caused by a problem with the graphic resolution (my screen use "Windows 7 Aero" and the game prefers "Windows 7 basic" .. Was the first time I had this message since I bought my screen 2 years ago but .. anyway .. I selected "basic" and loaded my savegame again but it still crashes. It happens almost instantly since I bought some japanese serows because the last added content I've downloaded was installed 3 weeks ago and it didn't effect anything .. I know there's a bug with serow's foliage, but I don't know if that could crash the game .. Oh .. and my previous savegame was before I built the prairie area .. That's to say many hours of work for me ..

If anyone has an idea .. I'm ready to read you !

Did you delete any scenery and replace it while on Pause? I mean scenery from the scenery tab not foliage, rocks etc.

What foliage do you mean for the serow?

I tried to sell the serows while on Pause but the game crashed few seconds after playing, didn't try to delete scenery however .. But I saw there was some missing content in the endangered species pack, like arctic objects, and the snowball tree for the serow, is it true ?

Finally I uninstalled the game in order to reinstall my bonus content file after file, but it's too long ^^ So I've just bought the complete collection pack (I still had the original game with its 2 extension pack seperately and the downloaded endangered species pack ..) . Maybe I'll have less problems with a "proper" version .. ?

That's no fun!!! I hope that ZTCC works without any problems for you!

ZooGrammy

I believe that having the complete collection will solve many of your problems.