• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sher Shah Suri

• Firehawke

• pukkie

• Savannahjan

Sher Shah Suri

@Firehawke: I used one of the small forest maps - can't recall it's name though. And I did have to change some terrain in the exhibit, but at least I didn't level it according to my self-challenge. :)

Such a lovely zoo. I LOVE the entrance.

Sher Shah Suri

Thanks for all the comments everybody!

Zeppelinsburg Zoo

Zoo387.jpg

Our next habitat, after the bison, is home to a surprisingly rare animal for such a little zoo; Chinese mountain cats. Found in the deserts of Asia, the cats are always a pleasure to the guests and hard to find at times. The hilly habitat was perfect for them.

Zoo388.jpg

Up ahead, you'll see another rare animal in zoos: geladas. These baboons were perfectly suited to the elevated terrain of the forest and soon felt right at home. Geladas, with their long flowing manes and ability to flip their lips up, seem to provide lots of entertainment for the guests, and visitors soon go home with knowledge that the geladas are the only monkeys that graze regularly.

Zoo389.jpg

Up next seems to be the visitor's favorite animals. Our adorable plush red pandas were donated from a nearby zoo that was closing down and they've been pleasing crowds since.

Zoo390.jpg

Nearby are another animal that also pleases the guests; California sea lions. Due to their antics and intelligence, the visitors love them, and are able to feed them a couple of fish for $1.00 between 12:00 and 1:00. A carousel, playground, and aviary are nearby.

Zoo391.jpg

A picture showing the reptile house.

Zoo392.jpg

Our final exhibit, home to Cape Mountain zebras. Many people are familiar with the most popular and common zebra subspecies - the Grant's zebra, but there are many other subspecies: Grevy's, Hartmann's mountain, Crawshay's, Damara, maneless, Burchell's, and Selous's. The quagga is another type of zebra now extinct.

We hope you enjoyed your visit at Zeppelinsburg Zoo!

Savannahjan

It really turned out well. I love the look of the dirt path, I use it a good bit. Great looking zoo!

I love the latest pics! I'm going to have to look into getting the red panda!

Can't wait to see your next zoo!

I love how it looks!!! I especially like your use of the admission booths. I don't use them very often. Maybe I should use them more!