• kenny
    • (Designer)Zarawatto
    • Hawkkeye666

SSS's New Zoos

Sher Shah Suri

Sher Shah Suri

Orlando Zoo

Zoo484.jpg

Hi! Welcome to the Orlando Zoo in beautiful Orlando, Florida! We have quite the collection of animals, rare and common, and we got a lot to see. Let's get to it! We'll start with Wild Florida.

Zoo485.jpg

This is our exhibit for key deer, a subspecies of the white-tailed deer, set behind the gift shop you see in the picture. We currently have four deer in our collection; we started out with three, which spread to six, then two died of old age. We hope to reintroduce the two fawns we have currently to their natural habitat once they mature.

Zoo486.jpg

The boardwalk is where you'll see all of our marine habitats. Green sea turtles are seen immediately to the left when you climb up.

Zoo487.jpg

The centerpiece of the boardwalk is home to West Indian manatees. Our original two were rescued from a boating accident which scarred their backs. They have since bred, and we are one of the few American zoos where you can see these majestic beasts.

Zoo488.jpg

Here's another of our acclaimed exhibits on the boardwalk, shared by four whale sharks and two common sawfish. Guests are free to gently stroke the fins of the humongous sharks when they swim by.

Zoo489.jpg

Our little area where you can see the manatees underwater. Games, a photo booth, snacks, and beverages are provided.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sher Shah Suri

• Firehawke

• pukkie

• Savannahjan

Savannahjan

It's looking great, SSS, love your use of elevation and underwater viewing.

Ditto with Jan's reply. What wonderful pics of Orlando Zoo. :th_hapydancsmil: I wonder if it was there when I was in the Navy? Of course, that was many years ago when ships were still made of wood!! :risitas6ba0:

ZooGrammy

I really like your entrance and your layout for the tanks with the little railing around it. Also the underwater viewing is so realistic. Will enjoy seeing how this zoo progresses.

I agree with Jan---the elevation and viewing areas look great! And I love the landscaping! Can't wait to see more!

Wonderful lay out Sher Shah Suri

This zoo looks wonderful :glitter_happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, absolutely amazing. I love your use of foliage.

• 2 years later...

Do you know where to download those Sunda Clouded Leopards, and Malayan Porcupines you have in your zoo, just wondering if I can put some in my zoo?

thanks