Newest Member
    pERAS

• kenny
    • Goosifer
    • AZooBaron
    • (Professor Emeritus)Professor Paul

Zoo Tycoon beta

Eragon845

I will start showing the animals once I unlock them all. I'll also try to use the cheats to unlock the Unicorn and Triceratops and see if they work. For now, here is the main menu. Same nostalgic music is there though. :D

post-144-133739429955_thumb.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• Eragon845

• jbl89

• Savannahjan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the scenario selection screen. A lot of the scenarios from the final are present, but I don't know if they work the same or not. All of them have the same generic city picture and they're all unlocked from the start. Selecting "freeform game" from the menu takes you directly to the map that would later become the "small grass map". No other maps except that.

post-144-133739450694_thumb.png

Cricket

Interesting ... I will definitely check this out :)

Savannahjan

I have always wondered about the beta version. Every now and then a picture would surface with some unfamiliar object. I do agree, the lean-to shelter looks good, I would like to have that one available. It's really exciting to finally have it available, thanks so much Kiwi for posting the link and all those screens. It will be fun to play around with.

I have always wondered about the beta version. Every now and then a picture would surface with some unfamiliar object. I do agree, the lean-to shelter looks good, I would like to have that one available. It's really exciting to finally have it available, thanks so much Kiwi for posting the link and all those screens. It will be fun to play around with.

Both the lean to and the stable could only be scenery. ZT did not make animals visible if they enter a building so they would disappear in an open shelter like these are. The lean-to has given me a couple of ideas.

There are a number of things I could do from this. The viewing areas were also not released as they have sides which guests would walk through. But I think if they came with instructions on use they could be used. There were a number of things that they had using a run down looking burger stand as a stand-in that might be great for a ruined zoo. I like the elephant and lion statues better in beta. Same statue but different textures. There really are not that many differences. Only two pieces of foliage have notable differences. There is a swamp terrain in CC which was never activated because the likes of Jeff, casey, pixigger and Jay so far have not done it. The only major building difference is the Reptile house and I might try doing something with that. Other buildings have minor differences.

Now we just need to get our hands on Dino Digs beta and the MM beta and see what was not done with them too.

I would love to see the DD and MM betas, those would be quite interesting.

I have discovered that there is, in fact, more than one freeform map, the choices are between "default" (small), then medium and large. The medium and large are identical to the "Medium Grass Map" and "Large Grass Map" from the final. The other maps can be found as ".ZOO" files in the game directory.

post-144-133744152146_thumb.png

ZooGrammy

I do like the swam terrain and the lean-to and observation area in #4 post. Also could the compost building be made into something.

I have already finished the stable and lean-to as scenery. Also the two trees that were changed before release. I have extracted the other things that were different and will work on them. Zoogrammy what would you like that compost building to be? I could just release it as scenery since it really is not as nice as the released version. I will configure the reptile house for something and maybe some of the others. The petting zoo has different textures for wall and roof but the released version is nicer.

Savannahjan

I think what we have all been wanting is something that adds a core element, like a new terrain would. I am assuming that if we added a swamp terrain that we would have to program animals that would accept it/desire it. This would actually be adding to the structure of the game, not just putting things on top of it or around it. I may not be explaining myself well, but this is one area that would be exciting to see expand.

I think what we have all been wanting is something that adds a core element, like a new terrain would. I am assuming that if we added a swamp terrain that we would have to program animals that would accept it/desire it. This would actually be adding to the structure of the game, not just putting things on top of it or around it. I may not be explaining myself well, but this is one area that would be exciting to see expand.

That is like the other things we want like elevated walkways. I know some have looked to do it but have been unsucessful. Partly because some of it is part of the actual pregram and it is illegal to tamper with that. But maybe I can convince Jay to have another look.