Punki MeT

• pukkie
    • LapisLazuli77
    • And 1
    • Hawkkeye666

Firehawke's Zoos!

Firehawke

Savannahjan

Wow, what a great petting area, I would like to get my hands on some of those critters. You always do such a nice job with ZT2 projects. It really looks great, good luck with the contest.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Firehawke

• Savannahjan

• ARIZNANA

• Kreek

Thanks, Jan! :hug2:

I've started working on a new non-contest zoo. Bit slow going right now, thanks in part to a carpal tunnel episode...had to order a different brace because the one that just came ended up being too snug. :gaah_:

• 2 weeks later...
Firehawke

Welcome to my new Giraffe House! Four subspecies of giraffe are featured: West African, Masai, Rothschild, and Reticulated.

pic5_zps0dwhxryn.jpg

In creating this home for our tall, 4 legged friends, we commissioned some local artists to create some art for the entryway

pic6_zpsvprsyrex.jpg

pic7_zps8ejfqmkn.jpg

Firehawke

As we were drawing up the plans, we were approached with a request...could we find space for the Southern Carmine Beeeters and the Kenyan Crested Guineafowl??? The answer was, "YES!"

pic9_zpsptsjjuob.jpg
pic8_zpsaqsahpgl.jpg
pic12_zpss03pwzl2.jpg
pic11_zpsadydrysb.jpg

We asked some landscaping/gardening enthusiasts to create a little waterspot for our guests to admire...they did a great job!

pic14_zpspjcts6yl.jpg

Firehawke

To give our guests the best chance to view our lovely giraffes, there is a mix of on the ground windows and an incredible walkway!

pic17_zpsdulnusdl.jpg

And what a view!

pic13_zpsvenmj2ti.jpg
pic16_zpsrpsn2s2g.jpg
pic15_zpsvsexc290.jpg
pic18_zps1x3wiwtj.jpg

Firehawke

Don't forget as you are walking around outside of the giraffe house to take a look...you may glimpse one of the giraffes outside!

pic20_zpshmfplqqg.jpg
pic19_zpsmhonefhi.jpg

We asked a local pilot to take an overview shot of the giraffe house...

overview_zpsqsypqkfo.png

We hope that you enjoyed the tour of the new SOC giraffe house!

And now it's time for the blooper reel :P

I forgot to turn the emoticons off for this one!

pic1_zpshitkfecl.jpg

And I caught a giraffe trying out the walkway!

blooper_zps9bsjbl33.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks impressive, but don't you think the fence you used in the outhdoor exhibit is too low ?

Thanks!

If I was going for realistic, yup, it would be. But, I'm not huge on making sure everything is realistic, especially in this particular zoo :tongue:

It's a new month at Feral, so there's a new theme. This time it's birds!

So, I have tons of new pics...contest entry and the new additions to the SOC zoo for badges!

First up, the contest.

Miss Aderyn has lived a life of adventure. She has travelled all over the world, has learned countless things, and seen many marvels. But, time has caught up with her, as it will with us all. Now, she is no longer able to travel, but she has put her resources and knowledge to work. She has built a relaxing little bird garden, which she has opened up to school trips! But, you are not part of a school group. You have been personally invited by Miss Aderyn for a special VIB (Very Important Bird) tour!

So, welcome to Miss Aderyn's Bird Garden!

SoaringSkiesEntrance_zpsrlxlbzne.jpg

There are three paths to take...lets go to the left.

SoaringSkiesJustInside_zpsnepa43f9.jpg

By taking this route, the first area you see is the tropical rainforest, featuring the Scarlet Macaw and the Indo-Chinese Peafowl

SoaringSkiesTropical1_zpswe0rfaso.jpg

SoaringSkiesTropical2_zpsplklqbik.jpg

Next, you will come across the Savannah area, featuring the Southern Ostrich and the Blue Throated Macaw

SoaringSkiesSavannah1_zps6dlo53an.jpg

SoaringSkiesSavannah2_zpsp2jx5zmn.jpg

Continuing around in this circle, next we see the desert area, featuring a couple of smaller species, the Greater Roadrunner and the African Penguin (1 of 3 species of penguins in the garden. Miss Aderyn has a friend whose little boy is partial to penguins)

SoaringSkiesDesert2_zpsz51kjj8a.jpg

SoaringSkiesDesert1_zpslba71k1g.jpg