Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• Carninator
    • TheOneCalledWaffle
    • MsOnary

Firehawke's Zoos!

Firehawke

Savannahjan

Just now seeing these shot, Firehawke. There are really nice, the skyline is beautiful. The zoo overall is very lovely, such a nice, well designed and decorated zoo; almost formal, but not. I really like this project.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Firehawke

• Savannahjan

• ARIZNANA

• Kreek

Thanks ladies! :hug2:

It's fun to see the details that are added to the outside of maps...this was one of the city maps.

I was pleased with how it turned out (especially since there were some bumps along the way...this was me and my ZT2 game :villagewrong:)

The contest ends this Friday and it will be interesting to see all of the entries...so far, there's just me and no one has commented on it at all :gnomesmileyf:

I've started working on a new ZT2 zoo, but I'm going to take my time with it and really try to polish it up (plus, I'll be working on my Halloween entry).

• 4 weeks later...

I had a fun idea to do a zoo totally about penguins. Found a bunch of fun stuff (thanks again to Feral for the statue!)...so many cute penguins! I got started and had fun...and then all of a sudden hit the "okay, I'm done with this wall" :gaah_: So, instead of forcing myself to keep with it, I decided to post pics of what I have done and retry the idea as a section of a future zoo (possibly as a walkthrough area with exhibits featuring the smaller species)

So, without further ado...

Welcome to Penguin Palace!

entrance_zps2bf2mj2c.jpg

Stop by our gift shop...

gifts_zpsdvqfttlr.jpg

(and take a look at the underside of this roof...my first attempt at this style of roof, let alone two colors. Really pleased with it!)

insideroof_zpsr31dupjx.jpg

Or stop by the information area...tours start every 30 minutes!

info_zpschrbbpff.jpg

Take a look at our lovely African Penguin exhibit (if I had completed the zoo, I was planning on naming one of them Pickle and possibly have another story)...

africanpenguin_zpsbktkkjj0.jpg

And we have a lovely area for our Emperor Penguins...

emperorpenguin2_zps8flwkldu.jpg

emperorpenguin1_zps7dkgpdo3.jpg

emperorpenguin3_zpsxci2uuq8.jpg

signs_zpss1iooglz.jpg

Right off the Emperor Penguin exhibit is a food prep area, where keepers make sure that the fish is fresh and make sure that all of the necessary vitamins have been stuffed into the little fishes and are all ready to go (true story...if you aren't the hugest fan of fish to begin with and you do an internship, this will totally put you completely off fish, but your cat will go crazy!)

keeperarea2_zps3vjsjdln.jpg

keeperarea1_zps7sx9al3x.jpg

And a little view of what things look like!

overview_zpsapcrqabu.png

Thanks for checking this out!

• 4 weeks later...

Contest time over at Feral again. Since it's November, it had to be a turkey exhibit. Here's my entry!

A very well to do family had a pet turkey. When they decided to take a year long trip around the world, they realized that they could not take their beloved pet with them. So, they contacted their local zoo (to which they always gave very generous donations) and the zoo said that they would be happy to include him!

So, you guys get the first peek at this happy turkey in his new home!

Here is Walter the Turkey, doing his daily walk around:

Walter_zpsxlkzqzxi.jpg

When it's raining or time to take a little snooze, there is a spacious barn ready to be used!

Barn_zpsud6sra69.jpg

Walter has a lovely lady friend, but she is shy...

ShyLadyFriend_zpsfdym9kop.jpg

The exhibit hasn't been viewed by guests yet, but the educator is ready to provide them with all sorts of facts about the bird that almost became our national bird!

Educator_zps7wcvboby.jpg

Don't worry about how much space the former pet turkey has...the exhibit is quite spacious!

Overview_zps1vtnaqx3.png

Thanks for taking a look! :2:

• 1 month later...

Feral is having a Christmas contest called Jingle Roar. Is anyone interested in seeing my entry? If so, please post and let me know!

Okay...on a different computer than I was yesterday (that one had some MAJOR browser trouble, let me tell you!). So, how about a teaser pic???

overview_zpsgnj79nzz.jpg

If you want to see what's in this building, please let me know!

(I'm not even sure if anyone is reading this topic :crybaby: )

Savannahjan

Enjoyed these new pics, Firehawke, I would love to see your contest entry!

You totally made my day!!! :hug2:

Here is my entry for "Jingle Roar":

(to the tune of "Let It Snow")
Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
And caudipteryxes are so delighful,
And since this is the place to post,
Let me show, let me show, let me show!

Brrr...it is cold outside. Maybe it will be warmer in here!

pic0_zpsvrsvbxmd.jpg

Nope! It's SO cold in here, everything is covered with ice! Don't let the flowers and ivy fool you...they are plastic!

pic1_zpscagccdbe.jpg

pic2_zpsutkhettd.jpg

pic6_zpsybsh9r1h.jpg