• Goosifer
    • a1236gh
    • LapisLazuli77
    • (Admin)Cricket
    • Hawkkeye666
    • (Trustee)genkicoll

Caddienoah's Screens...

caddienoah

WOW Caddie !! I really love this asian atmosphere you gave to your map ! The palace is so impressive and the moutain temple, hidden in the woods looks very realistic with its falls !! Great job !

And I recognized the japanese castle from Age of Empire ^^ Is it so easy to convert buildings files from other games ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caddienoah

• Firehawke

• pukkie

• ZooGrammy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These buildings were all extracted by RDing from the Northern Skies site.

Easy? Not really. Most are done by doing screenshots and then deleting all of the background. The screens have to be in bmp or png form too. Jpgs do not convert well. Finding game where the buildings or statues are on the right angle to match ZT views is needed otherwise skewing needs doing. It is a slow process. Many have done it. Jane culd be considered a master of this process as all the "wildlife" stuff was done this way, as were most of her other buildings. So were most ZT user made buildings. You need a good amount of patience and a good eye to make sure you delete everything as one stray pixel missed can stand out.

OK ! I hav absolutely no knowledge in this domain, I didn't realize that it was such a hard work ! The castle seems to be just "picked up" from the original AoE game ... so I guess it was perfectly cutted out :-) One more reason to thank people who stil upload content for ZT1 ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry it has taken so long to get the rest of the screens up...here is the last corner of the map...The Wall and the Tent of Genghis Khan...

Just realized that I did take screens of the finished map...I'll be back!

(And just for the record...I'm calling the map..."The Asian World of Zoogrammy"...it's dedicated to her...)

post-2558-134834973587_thumb.jpg

Savannahjan

It's gorgeous! Caddie, you know I love your screens, but oh my gosh, your avatar! Who is this amazingly precious little creature? The cute is almost too much to bear!!! :wub:

All of the buildings come from RDing at the Northern Skies site...He/she has done a great job in extracting items from other game sources...esp. Age of Empires...

Will be putting more screens up...later today...along with some from a new map...