• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Fern

Zoo Tycoon scenario creating...

ncovert

Does anyone here know how to make scenarios for ZT1? If so, I have a question for you...

I have figured out how to make a scenario, my question is in the [name] field, there is a number there. How do I set that number to be a scenario name?

Are you talking about creating an actual scenario like what came with the game? I don't think there is anybody left here at Tek who has done that before. There may be something in the forums at Zookeepers Lounge or Zoo Admin - but I am not sure. I know there are some user-created scenerio's at Zoo Admin, but don't know if anybody put up any kind of tutorial on how to make them.

Good Luck in your search - I know the question has come up before.

There is no tutorial because scenarios require extensive ingame knowledge. Those that did configure the ZA ones also knew how to configure fences, buildings, animals and scenery. For a start you do not change that number to letters/names because it needs to be in numbers, which if you understood how to make any of the above mentioned you would know.

Well, how do I change the letters to numbers? I know everything else, like how to make goals and what the values mean. I am only stumped on how you get your name in there.

Are you talking about creating an actual scenario like what came with the game? I don't think there is anybody left here at Tek who has done that before. There may be something in the forums at Zookeepers Lounge or Zoo Admin - but I am not sure. I know there are some user-created scenerio's at Zoo Admin, but don't know if anybody put up any kind of tutorial on how to make them.

Good Luck in your search - I know the question has come up before.

I tried at Zoo Admin, but I couldn't register (it didn't send me a confirmation email)

Never tried Zookeepers lounge...

Can somebody just tell me how to get the convert the name to numbers? Don't be hesitant, I know how to configure everything else.

; Have a rating of 80 for all exhibits.

rulea=5

ruleb=0

value=80

text=17500

From a friend who is not a member here.

The number in a "name=" line of a scenario is put inside a ".dll" file with the name of the scenario. But a scenario involves lots of things and it sounds like a lot of those things have not been done yet for this proposed scenario. The rulea/ruleb/value/text lines that are shown would be just a trigger, which is a very small part of a scenario. Typically a scenario will have at least a hundred lines in its ".scn" file. A scenario has to have a story, including what happens on success and what happens on failure. In addition to the scenario name, the ".dll" will have 4 text blocks containing parts of the story. It has to be decided what economy, research, marketing, awards, and time based unlocks will be used for the scenario. It has to be decided what map will be used. And if the map is a new map, then a map image is needed for ZT's "select scenario" menu, and then a freeform ".scn", another ".dll" message, and another ".dll" text block should also be created so that the new map can used in ZT's "select freeform" menu. Based on the map, one has to decide on the background sound and ambient birds to use. Things like starting cash value and maximum time to complete the scenario must also be decided. Based on the story, other things might be needed in the ".dll" file and new ".cfg" files might be needed.

- Jay

From a friend who is not a member here.

The number in a "name=" line of a scenario is put inside a ".dll" file with the name of the scenario. But a scenario involves lots of things and it sounds like a lot of those things have not been done yet for this proposed scenario. The rulea/ruleb/value/text lines that are shown would be just a trigger, which is a very small part of a scenario. Typically a scenario will have at least a hundred lines in its ".scn" file. A scenario has to have a story, including what happens on success and what happens on failure. In addition to the scenario name, the ".dll" will have 4 text blocks containing parts of the story. It has to be decided what economy, research, marketing, awards, and time based unlocks will be used for the scenario. It has to be decided what map will be used. And if the map is a new map, then a map image is needed for ZT's "select scenario" menu, and then a freeform ".scn", another ".dll" message, and another ".dll" text block should also be created so that the new map can used in ZT's "select freeform" menu. Based on the map, one has to decide on the background sound and ambient birds to use. Things like starting cash value and maximum time to complete the scenario must also be decided. Based on the story, other things might be needed in the ".dll" file and new ".cfg" files might be needed.

- Jay

Thank you. Now I understand how to get the name and description to show up.

Also, does anyone know what program I would use to create the dll file with the names? Should I just modify an existing one to start off or write one from scratch? ;)