Newest Member
    JT12

• feck666
    • writingayone
    • Luz21
    • Goosifer

My Inside/Outside Zoo

mrspiggy

My original concept was to build just an inside museum like zoo..but then decided to use the outside for the larger animals.

I wanted the inside area to look like a museum with animals behind glass enclosures. I like using the glass aviary except for the top. The largest it comes in is 5x5 and with a 10 x10 exhibit you have to use 4 and it makes the top look to busy, so I use mostly the walls.

The walls are RDFTs and I love them. They come in all different sizes so it made it easy to make the outside walls of the museum.

I limited the use of flowers on the inside and since the "ceiling" has light fixtures I didn't use the light post which I love. The main flooring is just concrete, with a path around the exhibits.

You have a choice, you can enter the museum by the front area or you can turn left and go the the outside part of the zoo which will also have entrances into the museum. The area to the right is under construction.

The first area is devoted to birds from around the world, turning right you enter the "Birds of Prey and Bat section". I didn't want to place restaurants throughout the museum, just in the center part, but that didn't work, too many starving quests, so there is a restaurant in the belfry.

post-29002-13627612172_thumb.jpg

post-29002-136276126219_thumb.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrspiggy

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• ARIZNANA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the front section you take the stairs to the center section. This has an Egyptian theme. This is where I wanted all the restaurants to be but you know guests..they're so picky.

This area has several education buildings, 3 restaurants and 7 animals. To the right up the stairs you come to the small mammal exhibits. I wanted the bathrooms to look like something you would find in a museum so I used the small giraffe annex. They can also get a drink of water without going into a restaurant.

To the left of the center area you have the reptiles. Crocks, alligators, turtles and the komodo dragon make their home here.

post-29002-136276185828_thumb.jpg

post-29002-136276188482_thumb.jpg

post-29002-136276191341_thumb.jpg

The last section of the inside area is the aquarium. Follow the steps down into the basement.

I wanted to make this area feel like you were in an aquarium, not an outside zoo so I placed RDFT's walls between the tanks to give the allusion that they were inset into the wall.

The shark tanks I left in the middle so the guests could then walk through the great white and mako's tanks.

From here you can turn right to view the outside area.

That's all for the inside zoo. I will post the outside zoo later.

post-29002-136276260466_thumb.jpg

Beautiful job!!! :th_hapydancsmil: I love the concept and I like how you used RDFT's walls!!! Can't wait to see the outside zoo!!!

Really nice I like the use of the aviary walls and the basement effect for the aquariums

ZooGrammy

I like the use of the Annex next to the tanks. I haven't done that before.

Savannahjan

This is a really interesting zoo, very different. I like the use of the glass walls and I'm with ZG, never thought of using the annexes that way. Very nice work mrspiggy!

barbinflorida

what an awesome concept; lots and lots of work involved here. nice job! love the different levels. it really does look like a museum.

I love you museum zoo concept.