Truly_happy's Projects, Ideas and To-do's

Truly_happy

One does not simply walk into more doors ...

THinDoorLand.png.ed1235a40fbf0e60e8228b718a0b40c9.png

... you have to work hard to make them.

Okay, so I'm taking a quick break from making graphics for paths/roofs to resizing the door graphics I made years ago so they are scaled better to our guest's proportions. I found that my mini-me comes in handy for this. :)

PS: I am not an LOTR fan ... I just thought that opening line sounded funny.

• Haha 3

Savannahjan

:animated-smileys-laughing-291:  Girl, you are too clever with that ' more doors' business!  

Yes, your little you works great for proportions there.  I was never a fan of these doors until the more attractive ones made by a certain someone came along and enticed me to try them.  Now I really enjoy using them and would love to have more;  like tall ones and wide ones and more curved top ones, and double ones and..... and....

My nephew taught school in Zanzabar Tanzania and he sent me photos of amazing doors all over the city; even tiny or derelict buildings would have incredibly gorgeous doors.  Some of those for ZT would be the most amazing thing! (hint, hint)

Thank you, guys, for finding my joke funny and for loving my doors. :heartshape1:

Here are the latest versions for the graphics of the new doors:

THinDoorLand2.png.d9e3572d317505186191e3e7fdc23489.png

Some are old ones from years ago, which I've resized. Others are brand new graphics. By the way, is that the kind of door you wanted, Jan? I love it. =) I have another image I can use of a door that looks newer and much nicer, too.

• Love 2

Savannahjan

I love these, they are, well, doors.  :wootsmiley:

Truly_happy

:yaysmiles: People like my work!

Okay ... So you like my graphics ... now I have to learn how to make the doors again. :evilputer1:I don't even know which program to use: APE or Zoot? APE, right? And that's just for rotations ... but it changes the text files so you have to fix them? Which parts of the files, specifically?

Anyway, I looked at the text files for doors I've made before. The programing looks intuitive ... mostly. It's the non-intuitive ones I have to watch out for. I'll have to relearn the rotations, too. NE is ... which direction? upper right angle? I remember that rotations are tricky. I also see a lot of, "thanks to _____ for fixing the rotations," being said around here.

EDIT: Okay, I found the "ZT1 Making user Created Items" section. :drool2: All my answers should be there.

• Haha 1

Zoot to load and do rotations. Or you could load graphics in APE but then you still need Zoot for rotations. And you need to change the ucs to ucb and add lots of things

Notepad to edit the ucb

• Thanks 1

Truly_happy

First, I'm trying to see if I can even make a scenery object. So far, the object won't even show up in the game. :nervoussmiley: APE is not creating a freeform folder. Might that be the problem? I tried to take a freeform folder from another file of mine, but still nothing. What do I do? I don't even know what number to put for the ID under "1000". Is there a tutorial for making freeform/unlock files? That would be great!

If you made it scenery then it should show up as long as it is a ucs file.

freeform belongs with working doors and how it is done depends on what you are making.

If you are going to use the ingame ids for "Restaurant" and "Giftshop" it would be easiest to copy the freeform folders from an existing file. Cricket or I can recommend files that have the correct version of them.