Truly_happy's Projects, Ideas and To-do's

Truly_happy

THANKS FERN .

WHEN YOU POST THE INSTRUCTIONS COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THE FUNCTION OF THE "FREEFORM " FOLDER .

Truly_happy

I perfected the appearance and rotations for thopensignrest-configured.ztd. Do you want the newer version, Fern or does it matter?

Z.Z.

You should use that as wrong slots can have guests not being able to enter a building or getting trapped in one.

Something I discovered in my early zoo building career is that a full tile consists of two directions, in on one side, and out on the other.

If guests have a path in, but not the corresponding path out on the other side of the tile, they become trapped and start piling up.

This is the reason I usually plant complete coverage in my decor, as long as there is a non walkable plant in all four corners of a tile, guests can not walk there.

Not sure if this info helps with designing 1/4 tile items or not, just thought it might :)

Edit:

I just finished reading the thread, your work looks great!

I can tell youre having fun too, which is the most important thing :D

Truly_happy

Thank you, Z.Z. I'm glad people are showing interest in what I'm doing. :)

Do you want the red door to be a gift shop, restaurant and bathroom? In which case you need three separate files. Or just one of those and if so which one?

There is an updated APE but it still only makes animals and scenery as Blue Fang decided other things were too complicated for APE. Each type of building has its own type of rules and settings. And each type has settings specific to the individual file, like those that control where the guests enter and exit. And this will be updated more at some point.

The link for and some info about APExp 3.2 can be found Here

It might be a couple of days for the instructions and I will need answers to the above so I can write them.

Truly_happy

I want the red door to be a restaurant.

Thank you for the link. I was using APE 2.5.

Haven't forgotten but I have been roped into helping someone move as they found it taking longer than expected and are running out of time. Keys have to be handed over in 3 or 4 days. And this is between towns with over 3 hours driving each way.

Truly_happy

Ugh! That's okay. Thank you for the update, and good for you for helping!

• 3 weeks later...
Truly_happy

Last final exam tomorrow afternoon and then I'm free for the summer. ;)