Download requests

Professor Paul

YoungerPrinceLothric

I wanted to report that the following files conflict with each other, so others can learn from my findings: 

Pixigger's Exhibit Scenery Hack + Base Shelters Capacity Hack by Thunder 1.1.0 = ; I'm assuming this is because, well, they both edit animal exhibits lol. For example, Thunder programmed a large burrow to hold 50 animals. With Pixigger's mod installed at the same time, the same burrow reverts back to 8. Gotta choose one over the other.

Loewenfrau's Happy Guest Hack + Fill em up by dj_pluffs = ✔ strangely enough! Nothing is crashing, none of the guests have messed up bar colors, graphical glitches or behavior issues, etc. 

Something I want to mention: @Hawkkeye666 's animals he recently patched to breed less have reverted to making babies like crazy again. The Border Leicester Sheep are back to having babies every two minutes or so, for example.
Right now these are the most recent hacks I've installed: Lowenfrau's Happy Guest Hack, and Pixigger's Dolphin Shack Hack. 
this sentence here from Lowenfrau's hack makes me think he edited the animal files, also the mention of this just not working at all with some modded buildings. This saddens me because otherwise the hack is working wonderfully alongside Fill em up. I very much doubt the dolphin mod is the cause of the baby boom.

lowenfrau.png.dc9701ca88fe91d9e0b3028074cf7bf5.png

YoungerPrinceLothric

Addednum @Hawkkeye666 : It was the Dolphin Shack Hack causing the baby boom, for whatever reason 🤔 once I removed it from my dlupdate folder and relaunched the game, no more babies. That hack was not a must-have priority to me, I just wanted to see if it worked or not out of sheer curiosity.

Another finding which saddens me but I'm willing to tolerate it for now: While my guests are indeed happy and their overall happiness is rated 98, it has effectively 'overwritten' Fill me up; what I mean by that is when a guest uses the bathroom, it ONLY fills up their bathroom needs. The rest like food and drink remain untouched. 
It would be cool if someone made a compatibility patch for these two hacks so we get the best of both worlds: no more angry guests AND fully filled up needs bars from just using one facility.

Looking at what hacks do and what they conflict with is on Jay's agenda. We will be adding notes at DD to various hack posts there.

Also you have to remember how old some of these hacks from ZA are. Most are from the time we were still learning about how ZT works.

With the Superhack from Tek it was a compilation of many hacks

Jordan does say: I repeat DO NOT claim any invention of these hacks this is a mere compilation for convenience. HUGE 'thank you's to Pixigger, Yeti Ironfist, Loewenfrau, and ZT Design!

Somewhere I probably have a list of the ones he used.

I was going to make a user made hack for all the fences Toodlepops and I made but because Jordan included some of them in this I will have to be careful not to include them in the new hack.

• Like 2

YoungerPrinceLothric
1 minute ago, Fern said:

Also you have to remember how old some of these hacks from ZA are. Most are from the time we were still learning about how ZT works.

Oh I understand completely. I want to emphasize that I wholeheartedly appreciate all the work that modders do. 

LapisLazuli77

Exhibit Scenery and Base Shelters aren't compatible? Strange, I've been using them both since Day 1 and none of my shelters have had their capacities reverted to their base game amounts.

3 minutes ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

Exhibit Scenery and Base Shelters aren't compatible? Strange, I've been using them both since Day 1 and none of my shelters have had their capacities reverted to their base game amounts.

That might depend on the order the game loads the files in.

• 2 weeks later...

I can hazard a guess what has happened here. Sometimes doing standard fixes actually breaks something. I will check it out shortly.

• Thanks 1