Download requests

Professor Paul

4 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

Would flipping their load order by adding Zs do anything? I took a look and both make reference to Nessie in the configs so one could be shooting out an instruction and the next one is getting confused from the previous changes, if any, to Nessie. Just spitballing.

Negative. The ReadMe file tells me to overwrite three existing files in the game's files altogether, as copy and pasted below:

Extract config.ztd to ../Zoo Tycoon/

Extract config4.ztd to ../Zoo Tycoon/Updates

Extract scenery7.ztd to ../Zoo Tycoon/Updates

When promted "Overwrite?" click OK for all 3 files.

I see. I'll try to reproduce what you're seeing.

6 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

I see. I'll try to reproduce what you're seeing.

For the record? With that DD Combination Hack? I've kept out the additional file which allows you to keep them as being adopted as eggs, so that they're adopted as adults instead.

8 minutes ago, MF217 said:

For the record? With that DD Combination Hack? I've kept out the additional file which allows you to keep them as being adopted as eggs, so that they're adopted as adults instead.

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce what's happening to you--; I was still able to adopt Nessie. I have ZTCC:

Screenshot%202023-07-23%20124455.jpg

I even made sure to copy your setup. Are there other hacks or mods you have that might be modifying Nessie or purchasing?

10 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce what's happening to you--; I was still able to adopt Nessie. I have ZTCC:

Screenshot%202023-07-23%20124455.jpg

I even made sure to copy your setup. Are there other hacks or mods you have that might be modifying Nessie or purchasing?

Here's a file containing the screenshots of my build.

ZT1 Mods.zip

This might sound tedious but would you try removing all of your mods and keeping only the two hacks? Might help find out if it's actually the two hacks causing the problem while we wait for a much smarter ZT1 modder than I.

Removing all of my hacks didn't do anything to bring Nessie back; all evidence thus far indicate that the files as part of the Nocturnal House Fix are the culprit as to why Nessie keeps disappearing. I swear the installation instructions are wrong...

3 hours ago, MF217 said:

Removing all of my hacks didn't do anything to bring Nessie back; all evidence thus far indicate that the files as part of the Nocturnal House Fix are the culprit as to why Nessie keeps disappearing. I swear the installation instructions are wrong...

Gotcha. Short of removing the references to Nessie to see what happens and repacking the file, I'm not quite sure what else we could try :( I'm willing to try with you, but I would wait and see if Fern would know what's happening when she's back on.

11 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

Gotcha. Short of removing the references to Nessie to see what happens and repacking the file, I'm not quite sure what else we could try :( I'm willing to try with you, but I would wait and see if Fern would know what's happening when she's back on.

So someone known as MJ on the Restorer's United Discord figured out the problem when I DM'd them personally for advice on what could've been wrong. As it turns out? I was missing "config5.ztd", which upon reinstalling the patch for the Nocturnal House and making sure "config5.ztd" was in the same folder as the mod's "config4.ztd"? Low and behold, Nessie was actually present as it should be!

• Like 1

Nice! 🥳 Glad you were able to get it solved.