Borsato Project

Borsato

Got it, thanks!  These new ones look interesting, I'll have to try them tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666

I love you man.

Your animals are great.

And you should feel great.

Little bug: Scientist nor zookeepers can´t care about Thylacoleo. They do not feed them, I can´t assign them exhibit with Thylacoleo.

EDIT: for other players, quaggas seem to enjoy company of plain zebras, thomson´s gazelle and especially ostriches, you can have them in the same exhibit with 92+ suitability for every species.

And my liopleurodons don´t mind company of shortfin mako sharks, with 100/95 suitability for them.

Great info, Hawkeye!  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Little bug: Scientist nor zookeepers can´t care about Thylacoleo.

Already thank you! What I thought I had corrected, in truth wasn't. I removed che cKeeper line from those 4 Ice Age animals (Doedicurus, Gigantopithecus, Irish Elk, Thylacoelo), tested them and now things should be correct.

EDIT: for other players, quaggas seem to enjoy company of plain zebras, thomson´s gazelle and especially ostriches, you can have them in the same exhibit with 92+ suitability for every species.

Well spotted on. Quagga is based on the plain zebra, so part of its compatibility has been carried on. Ostrich compatibility on the other hand is wanted, because of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quagga#Behaviour_and_ecology

So I though it would be a nice touch to add a major ostrich compatibility on the animal.

I love you man.

Your animals are great.

And you should feel great.

Really really thank you. I really appreciate it.. but I really didn't do anything really special :). Most of the credits should be given to the creators of the various 3D models for ZT2. I just use HENDRIX's great tool for the animations and put some thought on compatibility, artwork and description.

Hawkkeye666
6 minutes ago, Borsato said:

Already thank you! What I thought I had corrected, in truth wasn't. I removed che cKeeper line from those 4 Ice Age animals (Doedicurus, Gigantopithecus, Irish Elk, Thylacoelo), tested them and now things should be correct.

Well spotted on. Quagga is based on the plain zebra, so part of its compatibility has been carried on. Ostrich compatibility on the other hand is wanted, because of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quagga#Behaviour_and_ecology

So I though it would be a nice touch to add a major ostrich compatibility on the animal.

Really really thank you. I really appreciate it.. but I really didn't do anything really special :). Most of the credits should be given to the creators of the various 3D models for ZT2. I just use HENDRIX's great tool for the animations and put some thought on compatibility, artwork and description.

You spend your time on them, and your results are professional. For me, Zoo Tycoon is great nerve calmer, especially when I have exams.

And because I´m working + doing my doctorate + doing my practice at university, I really can appreciate someone who willingly uses his valuable time for creating things for others to play.

PS: Would it be rude, if sometimes I point out some little things (not bugs) which (by my opinion) could be improved?

For example Red Crowned Crane has 1 baby, while ´A majority of nests contains two eggs, though one to three have been recorded.´ (Source: Wikipedia, of course)

But I understand if you want to let them have only 1 young, because they are quite expensive.

Compatibility: Scimitar-horned oryx are 100 hundred percent compatible with Mhorr Gazelle and Gemsbok, and you can have them in the same exhibit with Taz´s Addax, with more than 92 suitability.

Pronghorn + Bison. The same requirements.

HENDRIX

Liopleurodon, so cool! I see you figured out the marine animals' peculiarities! Did you try adding ripples and splash effects? You can only go anim by anim if you do, but I found it was worth it for the sarcosuchus I made. I think I uploaded that blend file, too. A gharial would be cool as well, never got around to doing that...

And while the tool makes it much easier to create something, you have to put some thought into the mapping of animations and all the interface stuff. There's still plenty of room for creativity even if you 'just' port zt2 animals.

@HENDRIX effectively the "biggest" (and also the more fun in my opinion) is to map ZT2 animations to ZT1. Sometimes is an easy job, and sometimes not. Still fun netherless :)

Then I like also to search for the backdrop of plaques... the standard one are cool, but sometimes I like to "change" them to give it a different feel.

Effectively in the hand the animation is just a little part of it, but still the models are its base, so I'm pretty grateful to all the ZT2 designer for making them.

..And the gharial is on mine todo list :D I'll get to him at some point.

18 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Would it be rude, if sometimes I point out some little things (not bugs) which (by my opinion) could be improved?

For example Red Crowned Crane has 1 baby, while ´A majority of nests contains two eggs, though one to three have been recorded.´ (Source: Wikipedia, of course)

But I understand if you want to let them have only 1 young, because they are quite expensive.

Not at all! I don't mind any other opinions :)

For this one I should say that initially I thought of 2 offspring at time, but taking in account that the animal is an endangered species I prefered to reduce it to 1.

While I'm there, I must say this week was more productive then others.. so.. :) Another four today!

Baird's Tapir (Image)

Rainforest, South America

Diprotodon (Image)

Savannah, Australia, Ice Age

Giganotosaurus (Image)

Decidous Forest, South America, Cretaceous

Muttaburrasaurus (Image)

Coniferous Forest, Australia, Cretaceous

carlos franco
On 15/4/2018 at 8:39 AM, Borsato said:

@HENDRIX efectivamente el "más grande" (y también el más divertido en mi opinión) es mapear animaciones ZT2 a ZT1. A veces es un trabajo fácil, y a veces no. Todavía divertido netherless :)

Luego también me gusta buscar el fondo de las placas ... las estándar son geniales, pero a veces me gusta "cambiarlas" para darle una sensación diferente.

Efectivamente en la mano, la animación es solo una pequeña parte de ella, pero aún así los modelos son su base, así que estoy muy agradecido con todo el diseñador de ZT2 por hacerlos.

..Y el gavial está en mi lista de tareas pendientes: D Lo contactaré en algún momento.

¡De ningún modo! No me importa ninguna otra opinión :)

En este caso, debo decir que inicialmente pensé en 2 descendientes a la vez, pero teniendo en cuenta que el animal es una especie en peligro, preferí reducirlo a 1.

Mientras estoy allí, debo decir que esta semana fue más productiva que otras ... así que ... :) ¡Otras cuatro hoy!

Tapir de Baird ( imagen )

Selva tropical, América del Sur

Diprotodon ( Imagen )

Savannah, Australia, Ice Age

Giganotosaurus ( Imagen )

Bosque Decidous, América del Sur, Cretácico

Muttaburrasaurus ( imagen )

Bosque de coníferas, Australia, Cretácico

the Baird's Tapir does not reproduce, I try it for a playing time of four years, it dies at an advanced age without reproducing, this with everything and its favorite habitat.

4 hours ago, carlos franco said:

the Baird's Tapir does not reproduce, I try it for a playing time of four years, it dies at an advanced age without reproducing, this with everything and its favorite habitat.

it is possible that you can work with the wild bull or uro

The Baird's Tapir has a very low reproductive chance (1%), with an Happy Threshold of 98. This means that with an happiness of the animal of 98, you have everyday a 1% possibility that the animal breads a puppy.

...and the Aurochs is in my todo list. Althought the animal in your photo is an Ankole Watusi, which is a race of cows related ot the Sanga Cattle, a wild bull species. I don't know if I'll make it... I'll think about it :)

• Like 1