Borsato Project

Borsato

Professor Paul

It doesnt get to load the game. It partly loads, then the yellow bar pauses & it crashes. Ive taken out all the excess dls for now to see if that works 

Although he (Jay) suggests it I would leave the 68 out completely, since Jane is likely to reassign it. Between the three of us (Jane, Myself and you) we need to discuss and decide on the best way forward with the shelter.

Edit: (just the blue stuff) More from Jay: Borsato should also add 68, like I suggested. As I said in that topic, that will allow it to work the same no matter which version of the shelter is used, since I am sure there are others in addition to him that have the old version. It will not hurt anything if Jane uses 68 for something else, since what I suggested will just make the animal like it, no matter what it is. But because Jane might use 68 for something else, I suggested that he change the cPrefIconID lines, since that affects which message is shown for the preferred object.

This is most of what I would post at DD for the additional info which also shows the exhibit construction and you will see what Jay is talking about with the tundra and coniferous terrain.

Animal Characteristics:

Habitat: Highland; Location: Asia; Era: Ice Age
Minimum happiness needed for chance of breeding: 99.
Preferred shelter: Ice Age Cave (DD).
Animal can jump.

Exhibit Preferences:

Foliage:
 Bamboo, Himalayan Birch Tree, Himalayan Pine Tree

Rocks:
 Large Rock, Small Rock - Medium, Small Rock - Small, Highland Rock - Large
 Medium Highland Rock (DD)

Other specifically liked items:
 Rock Formation - Highland

Exhibit Construction:

Number of animals allowed per exhibit: 1-2 with 20 squares for each adult.

Exhibit size (for 2 adults): 40 grid squares

Terrain (for exhibit with 40 grid squares):
 32 Coniferous Floor, 2 Gray Stone, 2 Snow, 1 Fresh Water, 3 Grass

Foliage (for exhibit with 40 grid squares):
 5 grid squares should contain foliage.
 Foliage that would give the most happiness: Himalayan Birch Tree
 Since this is a small plant, greatest happiness will occur
 if each of the 5 grid squares contains 4 of this plant.

Rocks (for exhibit with 40 grid squares):
 3 Small Rock - Small, which is its most liked rock.

Elevation: Of the 40 squares, 5 nonadjacent squares should be elevated.

Notes from Jay

For the Gigantopithecus, it is best not to include the shelter inside the animal ".ztd". That is because a conflict can occur if the shelter is changed in the future. In fact, the shelter did change. The shelter that was included in this is the 2010 version, but the shelter was changed in 2017. It is better to change the released shelter to be in the DD menu instead of including a version with this. When that shelter is changed, the dash ("-") could also be removed from the unlock file name so that the ZT expansion packs do not unlock more than expected. And there is no need for comments in the unlock file.

There is an animal configuration checker program at Zookeeper's Lounge. The checker shows the following warning for this animal:
*** Warning: cPrefIconID 68 is not in [cSuitableObjects] with value > 0.

ID 68 is the old ID for the shelter. The ID for the preferred object should be in the [cSuitableObjects] section of the ".uca" so that the animal likes the object when it is placed in the exhibit. Although the animal says the Wild Gigantopithecus Rest is its preferred object, as the animal is currently configured, the Ice Age Cave is actually the shelter this animal likes the most. The above warning is pointing out this inconsistency. To see how much the animal likes the Ice Age Cave, it is the following lines that are relevant:

[cSuitableObjects]
v = 9410
v = -10
v = 8130
v = 20

8130 is the ID for the Ice Age Cave. The Ice Age Cave is configured to be habitat 9410, which is also shown above. To determine how much the animal likes the Ice Age Cave, ZT looks at the above lines and adds (-10) and 20, which equals 10. So we want the Wild Gigantopithecus Rest to be liked at least that much. The habitat for the Wild Gigantopithecus Rest is 9411, which we do not have to worry about. So the following 2 lines should be added to the end of the [cSuitableObjects] section:
v = 68
v = 10

That will fix the warning. However, ID 68 is no longer used for Wild Gigantopithecus Rest. It was changed in 2017 to use ID 7294, with the more generic name "Wild Life Animals Rest". So the following 2 lines should be added to the end of the [cSuitableObjects] section for that version:
v = 7294
v = 10

Both IDs 68 and 7294 can be in the [cSuitableObjects] section. That way this animal will work the same for both the 2010 version and the 2017 version of the shelter. Since 7294 is the current ID for the shelter, I would also change the three "cPrefIconID = 68" lines to "cPrefIconID = 7294".

There are some other changes that could also be made. There was no need to add the following lines to the [cCompatibleAnimals] section:
v = 769FB03A
v = 15

That makes the animal happy whenever another of its kind is placed in the exhibit. But the animals that come with ZT are configured so that the animal is neither happier nor sadder when another of its kind is placed in the exhibit. The Uca Editing Guide says to add those types of lines, but that was before APExp 3.2 was made.

The following pairs of lines can be removed from the [cCompatibleTerrain] section because the second line of each pair is "v = 0", which is the default:
v = 1
v = 0
v = 3
v = 0
v = 5
v = 0
v = 7
v = 0
v = 11
v = 0
v = 12
v = 0
v = 14
v = 0
v = 15
v = 0

A better wording of the tooltip is probably "Giganthopitecuses were the largest monkeys to have ever lived on Earth." instead of "Giganthopitecuses are the most big monkey ever lived on Earth.".

It looks like the following ".pal" files are not used and can be removed: animals/769fb03a/icfpanda/icpanda.pal, animals/769fb03a/icmpanda/icpanda.pal, animals/769fb03a/lsmpanda/lsmpanda.pal, animals/769fb03a/panda.pal, and animals/769fb03a/plpanda/plpanda.pal.

For the Cryolophosaurus, the checker shows the following warning for this animal:
*** Warning: cHabitat does not have max [cSuitableObjects] habitat value.

The ".uca: contains the following lines:
cHabitat = 9408
[cSuitableObjects]
v = 9405
v = 10
v = 9403
v = 10
v = 9408
v = 5

So the animal says its favorite habitat is 9408 (Tundra). But it likes 9405 (Rainforest) and 9403 (Coniferous Forest) more. To have this animal like the Tundra as much as the other two, the above "v = 5" should be changed to "v = 10".

There are some other changes that could also be made. There was no need to add the following lines to the [cCompatibleAnimals] section:
v = A95F1067
v = 10

The following pairs of lines can be removed from the [cCompatibleTerrain] section:
v = 0
v = 0
v = 1
v = 0
v = 3
v = 0
v = 5
v = 0
v = 7
v = 0
v = 11
v = 0
v = 12
v = 0

It looks like the following ".pal" files are not used and can be removed: animals/a95f1067/herrera.pal, animals/a95f1067/icmherre/icmherre.pal, animals/a95f1067/lsmherre/lsmherre.pal, and animals/a95f1067/plmherre/plmherre.pal.

2 hours ago, Fern said:

Although he (Jay) suggests it I would leave the 68 out completely, since Jane is likely to reassign it. Between the three of us (Jane, Myself and you) we need to discuss and decide on the best way forward with the shelter.

Thank you Jay, thank you Fern for the corrections! Already updated both ztds.

To make things easier I've removed the Gigantopithecus rest from the main ztd as suggested. So the ztd uploaded contains only the animal itself (I'll update the post above to reflect the change).

On 4/3/2018 at 2:31 AM, Fern said:

This is most of what I would post at DD for the additional info which also shows the exhibit construction and you will see what Jay is talking about with the tundra and coniferous terrain.

Animal Characteristics:

Habitat: Highland; Location: Asia; Era: Ice Age
Minimum happiness needed for chance of breeding: 99.
Preferred shelter: Ice Age Cave (DD).
Animal can jump.

Exhibit Preferences:

Foliage:
 Bamboo, Himalayan Birch Tree, Himalayan Pine Tree

Rocks:
 Large Rock, Small Rock - Medium, Small Rock - Small, Highland Rock - Large
 Medium Highland Rock (DD)

Other specifically liked items:
 Rock Formation - Highland

Exhibit Construction:

Number of animals allowed per exhibit: 1-2 with 20 squares for each adult.

Exhibit size (for 2 adults): 40 grid squares

Terrain (for exhibit with 40 grid squares):
 32 Coniferous Floor, 2 Gray Stone, 2 Snow, 1 Fresh Water, 3 Grass

Foliage (for exhibit with 40 grid squares):
 5 grid squares should contain foliage.
 Foliage that would give the most happiness: Himalayan Birch Tree
 Since this is a small plant, greatest happiness will occur
 if each of the 5 grid squares contains 4 of this plant.

Rocks (for exhibit with 40 grid squares):
 3 Small Rock - Small, which is its most liked rock.

Elevation: Of the 40 squares, 5 nonadjacent squares should be elevated.

Fern, is this an example or the actual stats for the Gigantopithicus?

Depends on your definition of "stat". It is for players so they can see what can be used in an exhibit and how big the exhibit should be.

It does not include things like how long they live and other things.

hello everyone!

I must say that I'm having a lot of fun on doing new animals.. so here we go with this week creations :)

Bactrian Camel (Image)

Desert, Asia

Mhorr's Gazelle (Image)

Desert, North Africa

Utahraptor (Image)

Cretaceous, Coniferous Forest, North America

Grey Crowned Crane (Image)

Savannah, Africa

Grey Crowned Cranes are compatible with Greater Flamingos.

Hawkkeye666

Great animals, I love them, and hope you will make more of them!

Little bug with Irish elk: you need both scientist and zookeeper to take care of them - scientist for feeding, zookeeper for cleaning poo.

Suggestion: maybe would be better if you rename your grey croned crane to black crowned crane - there´s very good looking model of crowned crane on the internet (file Crowned crane_rev.ztd ), and out of those two, your crane is looking little more like black crowned crane than mentioned model (is darker and prefer more wet environment).

• Thanks 1

Thank you Hawkkeye666!

9 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Little bug with Irish elk: you need both scientist and zookeeper to take care of them - scientist for feeding, zookeeper for cleaning poo.

Found out yesterday while making another animal similiar to Megaloceros... also Gigantopithecus had the same bug. Corrected on both and already uploaded.

9 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Suggestion: maybe would be better if you rename your grey croned crane to black crowned crane - there´s very good looking model of crowned crane on the internet (file Crowned crane_rev.ztd ), and out of those two, your crane is looking little more like black crowned crane than mentioned model (is darker and prefer more wet environment).

That is RSN's Crowned Crane surely. I'll think about it... still thank you for the suggestion.

My favorite is still the doedicurus.  Thank you for adding pictures to the files!

3 hours ago, HeatherL said:

My favorite is still the doedicurus.  Thank you for adding pictures to the files!

I also updated the Doedicurus. It had the same problem of the other Ice Age's animals. @HeatherL be sure to download the updated version (v1a).

This week's showcase are..

Liopleurodon (Image)

Marine, Atlantic Ocean, Jurassic

Quagga (Image)

Savannah, Africa

Quagga's preferred item is the J Wild Quagga Rest.

Red-Crowned Crane (Image)

Tundra, Asia

Thylacoleo (Image)

Savannah, Australia, Ice Age