Guest Happiness Issue

Saobie

You sound like my friend. I have to be very concise with him or I get a message back saying I am not being exact enough and he did not get what I wanted or had said. All our brains have their own way of seeing things. I can be as thick as two planks sometimes so don't worry. Oh and we say here and elsewhere that no question is a silly question.

Z.Z.

Thats looking much better, the pond where the boats are is rather large, it could probably be reduced to the line of railing just northwest of the swim shacks, then you could add more animals houses and exhibits.

Try to put happy trees behind all benches, that should help some too.

The happiness should improve with the more exhibits you add, right now you have 9 I think, once you get 15 or so it should pop above 90%.

The sample zoo is a small map with 16 exhibits suitable in size for all normal animals, medium marine animals, or smallish dinos.

Z.Z.
8 hours ago, Saobie said:

Ok so concerning my mods, i do put them in dlupdates. Sorry i forgot there was 2 files with very similar names

Yes, any ZTD file you add to the game (mods, UCIs, DLs, or what ever you call them) go into the dlupdate folder.

That is the only folder you should use for your ZTD collection.

It is empty so you know the only things in it are the things you put in it, so you cant accidentally remove a game file.

LANG files (language files need for UCI buildings to operate) go in the main ZT folder.

And yes, everything I make is max happiness rated :)

Okay finally heard about your file. Oh you can go back and delete that one too please. It looks like my second idea was right. That is the bit in blue.

From Jay:

I read the Saobie topic at Phoenix, including the newer posts. I looked at the guides you generated. But I have not looked at the ztd in detail. The in-game yeti was done differently than other in-game animals. The other in-game animals use ".ai" files while the in-game yeti uses a ".uca" file. So when APExp 3.2 makes a new animal based on the yeti, it creates a new ".uca", but the in-game yeti ".uca" is copied into the ztd as well. That is how all versions of APE work, since that is built into the program itself. I do not know what happens if a person has a ".uca" without the rest of the files for an animal. But I believe that does not hurt anything. But Saobie must have the rest of the in-game yeti files in order for APExp 3.2 to find the ".uca" to copy it. So it isn't actually a lone ".uca" in Saobie's case (or for anyone else with CC or the in-game yeti). Although I have not looked at the ztd in detail, I suspect there is nothing wrong with them that would cause a crash, being that supposedly all changes were done in APExp 3.2, being that the folders are there that I would expect in the process of doing a combined ztd, and considering when the crashes supposedly occurred. Crashes from animals are usually caused while trying to do something with an animal, or soon after. But the description sounds like the crashing is occurring while placing user made flowers, or soon after. It makes me wonder if Saobie was not just trying to place user made flowers, and was actually trying to replace in-game flowers with user made flowers. That would cause MM/CC to crash. The in-game flowers in MM/CC are gawked at. So if they are replaced while the zoo is running, some guests will head to the location of the in-game flowers. But when they get there, there is no longer anything to gawk at, and the game crashes. The first type of crash in the "Causes of ZT crashes and how to avoid them by Jay" topic describes this:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5452.0

• Like 1

Z.Z.

Oh how interesting.

Ive never had that happen, probably because I build the entire zoo before I put any animals in.

The only zoo crashes Ive had were due to user made animals, and once I put the footprint of the zoo wall on the map edge and the zoo crashed.

Z.Z.

So I had to completely uninstall then reinstall my game, and I couldnt find the ini file to save my scenario completions, so Im currently running all the scenarios to get all my in game items unlocked again.

This is a screen of the second scenario with bare bones, only what the game had in it on installation.

Zoo rating is 87, because the only buildings in the zoo are the ones that were available when I started the scenario, before any research was done, so there are no animal houses at all.

Animal happiness is 98, all exhibits are 10x15 tiles (or thereabouts, I think one is 10x14 and one is 10x16).

Guest happiness is 94, without animal houses.

Hope these screens are helping you figure out how the game works :)

image.thumb.png.bfb4cc2475680164dfbdd66a6c2626c1.png

• Like 1

Sorry iv gotten back to this topic so late. July 4th was my bday and i had a party on the 3rd and well.. recovered today xD

I know the majority of how the game works, except guest happiness. Thats always been somethign to plague me, and its also easily the most important thing to keep up when you play the game tycoon style as it determines every aspect of how much income you make due to guests being there longer. I have a solid grasp on how things work now, i had it mostly right i terms of what does and doesnt help, i just implimented it all wrong and got mixed results at best

Unrelated to this topic, but where can i find a tool to recolor animals? I want to make some of my favorite animals cooler, or prehaps create a slight variant alltogether to animals iv given higher attractiveness too

Both here and at ZKL (ZooKeepers Lounge) there are topics on recolouring. Try the university area at Tek

Alright, so, as for my mod. Is Yeti the only animal in there that may cause issues? The game crashed again randomly (yeti was not in my zoo) so if i remove the attractive variant i made from my mod will it solve this issue?