Guest Happiness Issue

Saobie

Have you worked your way through the scenarios?

Somewhere probably in the University area are some good articles written by various people about how to get the best results.

Well the new setup i tried started me off at 95 guest happiness and i got that award and the 25k basically instantly. So thats nice

Had 95 happiness that dropped to 92 once the first 2 exhibits were up (the 2 by the entrence). Dropped to 85 at some point for some reason, then dropped further to 70. It now fluctuates between 70-72 and im raking my brain

This is the resulting zoo iv come up with based on the suggestions, mixed with my own personal likes. Whats wrong with it, anything obvious?

Btw currently it houses only animals iv modded with Ape to have MUCH higher attractiveness 

Deinosuchus x3 (280 attractiveness, 1 baby currently)

Unicorns x3 (300 attractiveness, 1 baby currently)

Yeti x1 (280 attractiveness)

Loch Ness Monster x1 (280 attractiveness)

Plesiosaur x2 (180 attractiveness)

Ankylosaurus x3 (160 attractiveness)

Triceratops x2 (220 attractiveness)

Seems the attractiveness rating iv altered these animals to have does next to nothing for my zoo. With ratings THAT high, im surprised my guests dont constantly gawk and awe at them. I dont even believe attractivensss does much at all anymore, it seems to be animal specific (Lions are super popular and only have 30 attractiveness)

Screenshot_1.png

Try losing the white decorative fence that is around the exhibits. Swap out some of those flowerbeds with some user made ones. Add in a jumping fountain or a wishing well in those 4 wide paths inset into exhibits. Guests love the wishing well.

Add zoo maps and exhibit signs. Guests like those.

Iv got 4 maps in the main road, and exhibit signs on every observing area for every exhibit

The thing is im trying to be as vanilla as possible. I mostly only use decor i personally like, and i find that a lot of user made decor doesnt quite fit in well. If you can recommend some nice flowerbeds be my guest, as i adore using them

I dont have a particular preference so long as they are visually pleasing in general. The nice and neat flowerbeds (like the yellow and the red ones) are preferred though

If you want to keep the format of the white fences then swap them out for one of crickets new releases. Lots of colours to choose from.

Try her http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/files/file/3567-pbf-pukkie-bear-falls-fence-recolors-pack-by-cricket/

or http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/files/file/2001-cast-iron-fence-recolors-solid-by-cricket/

Both have high values of most likely 20 per fence piece whereas the ingame white one is low by comparison.

Probably others like Zoogrammy and ZZ would be best for foliage advice. Or just go to the foliage area and look through. Or the packs area too. If you like planters there are several types to choose from.

Have you watched to make sure the kiddies can get on and off the swings since it looks like they are only on one tile.

Yea, the kids can access the swings

Why should i remove the white fences btw? I figured it didnt block any viewing and such so it wouldav just been a straight up happiness bonus. Does it block view of the flowers or animals?