Guest Happiness Issue

Saobie

Z.Z.

I did a quick screen for you.

The exhibit is surrounded by flowerbeds with benches and happy trees, the restrooms are back around the edge of the area instead of right in the middle, the gravel areas are where the animals houses go, the savannah area is where the restaurant goes.

I didnt put those buildings in because I wanted to show you how to spread your benches and happy trees around with your flowerbeds.

image.thumb.png.1ae232143d8e5ba268e0f74670da4ec6.png

Ok so concerning my mods, i do put them in dlupdates. Sorry i forgot there was 2 files with very similar names

As for my zoo, i think i get what you mean now. I saw a few other peoples zoos had a "main road" so my little middle area was the same. Also i had no idea restrooms lower happiness, nor did i know resturants fulfilled restroom needs

Ill restart my zoo and try again

So this is what im starting with. The exhibit on the left is for 2-3 Deinosuchus, and the bottom one is for 2-4 Plesiosaurs and a Loch Ness. Decided to make bigger exhibits to house a few more of my high-attractiveness animals. Theres space on the walkways to add in animal houses and restraunts. Waiting for things to unlock so i can do more (cant use the mod flowers cus the game crashes so for now ill be using vanilla flowers, gotta wait to get them)

Screenshot_1.png

This is what i have so far. 4 plesiosaurs, 1 loch ness, 2 deinosuchus (theres room for at least 1 more). All the buildings in the zoo are in view. There are 2 empty exhibits that will be for 1 Yeti (the middle one) and another will house a pair of Bigfoot (bottom right, barely visible). 90 guest happiness

anything i should change or add before i really invest into this? Am i going about it right?

Screenshot_2.png

Z.Z.

Its looking much better, and the guest happiness has improved :)

I made a small sample map for you to walk through and play with.

You can just look at it, or actually finish it if you want to.

It has all the infrastructure, restaurants, animal houses at max happiness, entertainment buildings, benches, flowerbeds, trees, observation areas, paths.

I used the small green hedge fence to line the flowerbeds at the entrance so you could see how it looks, you can add the rest throughout the zoo if you want.

There is one completed exhibit right at the entrance for Caudipteryx, but I have not added the animals.

The fresh water areas are where the exhibits go, the two spots of gravel terrain leading into each one are where the gates go leading to the keeper traps, and the four snow spots next to the center four exhibits are where filters go if you decide to put tanks in there, and only requires one maintenance person to tend the filters there in that keeper trap.

The second exhibit has just the fence so you can see how it is made, I use water terrain to create exhibits because gates will not be placed on water terrain or blocked tiles, so the two tiles of gravel terrain allow me to put the gate exactly where I want it.

If you have any questions about the map, just ask, I am happy to help :)

Small Sample Zoo.zip

Where you have put the fountains on the side of the observation insets I would have put them in the middle area and let the guests walk down the side, top and out the other side.

Downloaded the example map for reference. Ill be trying to add onto my current map unless something about it is game-breaking bad in terms of a mistake

Heres the curent result. Its stuck at 83 happiness, not entirely sure when it dropped. Id like to stay at 90 at the minimum, 95 if possible

Currently it houses:

3 Mermaids

3 Deinosuchus

4 Plesiosaurs

1 Loch Ness

1 Yeti

3 Bigfoot

Has 3 empty exhibits that will house 2 Spinosaurs and 2 Unicorns, and the 3rd will house a mixed herd of Triceratops and Ankylosaurus

Screenshot_2.png

• Like 1

ROFL You remind me of someone else I know. I need to be more specific. Bottom right I would delete 4 of those fountains and just leave the two centre ones. If you wanted you could add benches and or flowerbeds to those now two empty strips. Or just have one fountain in that centre strip with flowerbed or rock at either end. If one of ZZ's opal rocks is a one tile one that might be a nice place to desplay them since she said they have good guest values.