ID This Download

HeatherL

During the ongoing drudgery of cleaning up and labeling all of my downloads, I have found one simply labeled cassowary.ZTD. The .ztd date is 9-2-04.  There is no picture in the file. 

I have another one labeled Single Wattled Cassowary_fixed. The .ztd file is Single wattled cassowary_rev.ztd dated 12-4-03. This is the picture included in the file:

image.jpeg.f7271c0afc41f616abd53fdcd22faf35.jpeg

Does anyone know who made these and from where they may have come?  I have cassowaries by Genki, SideshowBob, and Borsato - they don't match any of these.

Both of them? Original & revised versions?

Do you know how to open and look at the contents of an animal?

The picture you posted is the RSN one.

Sideshow Bobs one is cassowary.zip containing cassowary.ZTD with the uca: 0C37EE28 dated 2 September 2004

RSN's one released as a single animal is Single wattled cassowary_fixed.zip containing Single wattled cassowary_rev.ztd uca: 3DC4A026 dated 4 December 2003

Both the above are ZA files. RSN's one is also in WildWings.

So what is the info on the one you think is by Sideshow Bob?

This is the one I recently acquired @ Tek for Sideshow Bob:

The .ztd reads cassowary_fixed.ztd dated 5-31-18.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny, when I ran a search for "cassowary" here at Tek, the RSN Single Wattled Cassowary didn't come up.  After you mentioned him, I searched the Zoo Admin area alphabetically and found the file with the picture previously shown. Downloading it confirmed that the .ztd reads Single wattled cassowary_rev.ztd.

Thank you for the clarification. 

Both cassowary.ZTD  and the one above are versions of Sideshow Bobs. I will check with Jay what changed and also whether the ZT Center version is also different.

Thank you, I want to make sure I have files attributed to the correct creators!  At the same time, I would like to have the most current version & no duplicates.

Does anyone know if there are any problems with this pack:

usapackzk.ztd by ZooGirl. 

I got it from the Mega Zoo Tycoon archive site here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040212012218/http://mzt2.tripod.com:80/obj_user.htm

I thought I'd ask about it before adding to my game.  The screenshot link is broken, so I really don't know what's in it.

Footprint is wrong on one. Rotations could be better.

Re Sideshow Bobs cassowary Jay said this: For the cassowary, I do not know how much detail you want me to give. There were 3 versions excluding jane's: cassowary3.ZTD in 2000, cassowary_fixed.ztd in 2003, and cassowary.ZTD in 2004. Based on the name, jane probably used the 2003 version as the base. The 2004 version was the most efficiency, but all versions have warnings and inefficiencies, including jane's.

Thank you so much, that is very helpful. :-)