VC's Attempts at Projects!

VeganCannibalism

VeganCannibalism

Hi there!

I (finally) have something presentable-ish to show to you lovely people, so without further ado, here is my first item: the Blood Pool! It's not ready for release yet, mainly because I've been struggling with adding sound to it, but I hope to have it figured out soon.

bloodpoolsamplescreen.png

Savannahjan

Interesting.  So is this from a certain game?  Will there be a series of items?  What type of sound are you adding?  Glad to see you are interested in designing for ZT.

VeganCannibalism

Thanks for stopping by, Jan! This is from Diablo 2. I'd like to make a series of items if I can, but we'll see. The sound I'll be adding is the sound that goes with the same object in Diablo 2, which is just a looped bubbling sound effect.

At this time of writing, I have the animations all done, so it's just a matter of making the sound work.

VeganCannibalism

So I've been following ZooGrammy's tutorial here on adding a sound file to an item, and I've gone through the steps a few times and compared my files to her sample one that's linked on that page, and I just can't find what I'm doing wrong.

My version of the ZTD without sound works and shows up in the purchase menu fine, but when I follow the guide to add sounds and make a new .ztd, it doesn't show up in my purchase menu. I made sure to take out the soundless version, so I don't think it's a conflict, but I've looked at my .cfg and .ai files several times and everything seems to be in order, but the item just... isn't there. It's not the end of the world, since the soundless one is fine, but I'm kind of perplexed as to what could be going wrong here.

ZooGrammy

Sorry that I can't help you there.  I wrote that years ago and it may have problems. 

Cricket
1 hour ago, VeganCannibalism said:

So I've been following ZooGrammy's tutorial here on adding a sound file to an item, and I've gone through the steps a few times and compared my files to her sample one that's linked on that page, and I just can't find what I'm doing wrong.

My version of the ZTD without sound works and shows up in the purchase menu fine, but when I follow the guide to add sounds and make a new .ztd, it doesn't show up in my purchase menu. I made sure to take out the soundless version, so I don't think it's a conflict, but I've looked at my .cfg and .ai files several times and everything seems to be in order, but the item just... isn't there. It's not the end of the world, since the soundless one is fine, but I'm kind of perplexed as to what could be going wrong here.

If you post your file here, I could take a quick look at it :)

VeganCannibalism
On 3/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, Cricket said:

If you post your file here, I could take a quick look at it :)

That would be awesome! Should I send it in a PM or just submit it to the site proper? Whichever is easiest for you. :)

VeganCannibalism

While Cricket takes a look at whatever boneheaded mistake I've made with the blood pool, I've started working on another item. This is the Natural Stone Well, and it'll be classified as a rock. The only issue I can see with it at present is the weird little transparent spot on the right edge of the water (see pic), but I can probably fix that myself... I hope!

welltestscreen.png

Change your background around the well to shockling pink or something bright. Ape does a back background otherwise and that back becomes the transparency. The area you talk about is probably the same black, hence your problem. If you want me to fix it just send it to me. You might need to go back to the originals