VC's Attempts at Projects!

VeganCannibalism

VeganCannibalism

I'm a total sucker for medieval and Gothic-inspired decor, so here's a look at some banners I've ported from Diablo 2. I had to brighten them up a bit since D2 is sooo dimly lit 90% of the time, but now I'm wondering if I made them a little too bright.

bannerstestpic.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yellowrose

I don't think so they turned out good

• Thanks 1

I don't think they're too bright- just right!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
VeganCannibalism

I've been working on porting the Regurgitator creature from Diablo 2 into ZT as a fully functional animal. It still has a couple (read: a lot) of kinks to work out, but in the meantime, here's a preview:

regurgsamplepic.png.56d17ec01783451f8af3b6cea1e018c2.png

looks good don't forget to check the uca editing guide at Zookeeper's lounge for editing the uca file

Savannahjan

Oooh, kinda creepy.  I'm not familiar with that creature, please tell us about him.

VeganCannibalism

Thanks for the pointer, Yellowrose! :D

And some basic background on Regurgitators: The Regurgitator is a vile creature that waddles around the desolate wastes that mark the borders of Diablo's territory.They are born from the remains of the tortured souls that fall to Diablo's infernal armies--and then consume the very bodies from which their essence is born. They possess a single extra eye in the middle of their back, making them nigh impossible to catch by surprise.  A single swing from a Regurgitator can deal a sound blow, but their most threatening (and disturbing) ability is their tendency to quickly swallow any fallen corpses nearby, then spit the half-digested remains at enemies. Their saliva, mixed with stomach acid, is highly toxic and corrosive.

Sooo... basically, a tentacle-slug-bear monster, with terrible table manners. XD

• Love 1

Savannahjan

:animated-smileys-laughing-291: That about sums it up!  Thanks for the description.... I think. 

• 2 months later...
VeganCannibalism

Since I'm way too impatient for Halloween, here's a look at some spooky graveyard stuff I've ported. The pile of skulls is from Diablo II, and the rest is all from Fallout Tactics. The chained skeleton in particular is meant to be set up against something like a building or wall, so it looks like he's been left out to the elements. Admittedly, I had an awful lot of fun writing the creepy tooltips for each item. XD

graveyardteaser.png

• Like 1