Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

Savannahjan

He certainly is handsome.  :th:

The rooster is the spitting image of our Cartoon! He was a big pet and caused quite a stir when we took him to the vet to have a badly growing spur cut off.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 5:00 AM, Rhodie said:

1. The Feral Kauai Chicken are feral junglefowl that were released by Polynesians when they first settled Hawaii, maybe just call them Hawaiian Junglefowl or Hawaiian chicken and make them compatible with your other Hawaiian birds. 

2. It does resemble this fighting cock I've found on google, honestly never seen a bird like this could just be a coincidence, breed is listed as "Featured Shorty bullock Grey's". Might just be a coincidence I think that they just decided to make a basic looking rooster not based on any specific breed. You can go with that breed or just call it "Barnyard Rooster" or something along those lines and make it compatible with your other farmyard animals. (Maybe someone will have a better ID)

Maybe when I have time i'll create my own chicken breeds to go with the ones you're planning on making. 

2263253b0397e879ba4916303dbf6c6b.jpg.ec63b3308559ca4b51fd3244b7137bd7.jpg

That´s good idea, they look nearly the same. I´ll wait if someone (or me) doesn´t find some more common chicken breed looking similar, and if not, I´ll make this one. 

8 hours ago, Ashea said:

The rooster is the spitting image of our Cartoon! He was a big pet and caused quite a stir when we took him to the vet to have a badly growing spur cut off.

And do you remember which breed he belonged to?

The closest I have been able to match him up with is the Gold Duckwing Standard Old English Game Chicken.  They do very closely resemble the wild jungle fowl roosters and are  probably very closely related.  They were originally bred to be fighting cocks.  I have found similar images listed just as American game chickens.

He would fit either as a wild birds or as a domesticated bird.

Sister found a game hen sitting on a car on a parking lot where her husband worked and all she wanted to do was sit or brood all the time.  Other sister brought some eggs home from a coworker who have a large variety of chickens that ran together and gave them to her to hatch.  We had about 8 eggs and no two  chickens turned out the same.  Was kind of like getting a surprise box of mixed chick's from a hatchery.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 2/26/2023 at 6:58 PM, OttoPruin2007 said:

Off topic, but I am curious about the beaver

It´s made, both North American and Eurasian. I just have to convince someone to make beaver dam object for me (maybe shelter? maybe rock that doesn´t count into rock pref? Haven´t fully thought it out yet).

Someone wanted wolf subspecies pack, if I remember correctly.

Animals:

wulfs.jpg.86d31ca9c9db572479d45bd8e9826969.jpg

Dire Wolf, Iberian Wolf, Himalayan Wolf, Indian Wolf, Arabian Wolf, Italian Wolf, Japanese Wolf, Tundra Wolf, Northwestern Wolf, White Shepherd, Dobermann, New Guinea Singing Dog, Side Striped Jackal, Vulpes Alopecoides

Compatibility:

Dire Wolf - Khaydar´s Short-Faced Bear

Himalayan Wolf - ingame Asiatic Black Bear, my Himalayan Bear, Tibetan Blue Bear

Arabian Wolf - Khaydar´s Striped Hyena

Tundra Wolf - Borsato´s Wolverine

White Shepherd, Dobermann - my good bois

Vulpes Alopecoides - ingame Woolly Mammoth

Compatibility comments:

bear/wolf mixed exhibits are surprisingly common in zoos (https://zoorope.hu/en-mixed-exhibit-canidae/ ) and while I found some instances when bear killed wolves, it can surprisingly go without issues for decades, if the animals aren´t breeding (I even found a video of a wolf and a bear playing together in zoo). Very rarely, they can even form certain kind of attachment in the wild, too (https://www.boredpanda.com/bear-friend-wolf-lassi-rautiainen/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic ). So I decided to make some of these combinations possible in ZT. There will be more bear subspecies in some future pack, some compatible with wolves or foxes (based on https://zoorope.hu/en-mixed-exhibit-ursidae/ ).

Hyena/Arabian wolf combination is based on this (very rare) observation: https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-israel-hyenas-and-wolves-team-up-to-survive/. In theory, it should be probably more possible to make this kind of mixed species relationship work in the zoo than in the wild (separate feeding to avoid competition, possibility of getting animals slowly used to each other since young age, etc.), but I do not know of any zoo that has tried it.

Wolverine - tundra wolf is an odd combination, but that´s because I am planning to make Kamchatkan brown bear compatible with both of them ( https://zoorope.hu/en-mixed-exhibit-ursidae/ ). So you would be able to choose your combination, wolf+bear or bear+wolverine, if you want to have strictly mixed exhibit that has worked in real zoo. In theory, combination of wolf+wolverine might work with right individuals (Africam safari in Mexico has very elaborate mixed exhibit with deer, turtles, geese, ducks, coots, peccaries, coyotes, black bears and Mexican gray wolves, which work because wolves are old and geriatric (and very calm individuals to boot). Source: https://zoolex.org/media/uploads/2021/07/12/2021_svabik_mixed_peccaries.pdf 

Vulpes alopecoides/woolly mammoth is just a Pleistocene version of this exhibit: https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/bat-eared-foxes-in-elephant-enclosure.502729/

I do not know if you are interested in this kind of thoughts behind my animals (especially their compatibility), but if someone is interested, I can write similar text for my future packs.

Enjoy!

*** files removed 2023.03.15

• Love 1

From Jay

I do not know what is meant concerning a beaver dam object. If hawkkeye has the graphics and needs it configured, I can configure it. If hawkkeye is asking for graphics to be made, there are several beaver related objects. RSN made a beaver dam, which is called "Beaver´s barrage", is in the Shelter menu, and counts toward rock suitability. Devona had a beaver dam object that was not completely configured. If need be, I could finish its configuration. Devona also created a Beaver Lodge that was configured by Cricket to be in the Rock menu and not count toward suitability. Wikipedia has images of beaver dams and beaver lodges that could probably be used. Genki created Beaver Wildlife Garden, which is in the foliage menu and does not count toward suitability. As for animal info for a beaver, I had created an elaborate one more than 19 years ago that has not been used yet.

• Love 1

He probably means the Beaver burrow available in ZT2

That shelter made by the Beavers

(I personally want that Beaver burrow with my beavers exhibit, also compatible with Muskrat & Nutria)

Hawkkeye666
On 2/28/2023 at 4:09 AM, Fern said:

From Jay

I do not know what is meant concerning a beaver dam object. If hawkkeye has the graphics and needs it configured, I can configure it. If hawkkeye is asking for graphics to be made, there are several beaver related objects. RSN made a beaver dam, which is called "Beaver´s barrage", is in the Shelter menu, and counts toward rock suitability. Devona had a beaver dam object that was not completely configured. If need be, I could finish its configuration. Devona also created a Beaver Lodge that was configured by Cricket to be in the Rock menu and not count toward suitability. Wikipedia has images of beaver dams and beaver lodges that could probably be used. Genki created Beaver Wildlife Garden, which is in the foliage menu and does not count toward suitability. As for animal info for a beaver, I had created an elaborate one more than 19 years ago that has not been used yet.

Beaver dam is not made, I am thinking about making one from ZT2 beaver dam (as Markbl20 wrote). But I have no experience with making objects. I do not even know yet if I want it to be a toy, shelter, or rock that doesn´t count into rock pref (as jungle rock ingame).

If jay wants he can send me that animal info he created for beavers, and I´ll use it, for now, wikipedia text is used as animal info for both beavers.