Top Posters In This Topic

• ageise02

• luvmy83wing

• pukkie

• Yellowrose

luvmy83wing
Ok Ladies,

You lost me...

You have added a HD box to the box? Does it help...better than adding memory...when our computer was hit by a virus last year, when I took it in to get fixed, the company doubled its memory. But since then I think I need it to be doubled again...too much Zoo Tycoon...

Had to correct something above, "I'm not trying to be funny" just noticed that my brain went faster than my two fingers typing, sorry!

As to Firefox, Total Commander etc.??????

What they were talking about (HD box to the box) is called a removable hard drive or a zip drive it is removable storage meaning that it is not continually hooked to the comp. you can connect it to download your files onto it or to remove them from it. It is a good source to have to back up your computer as if you would have had it before your comp crashed all files that you lost would have been saved. I am computer illiterate but that is how I understand that they work don't have one yet myself but intend to get one soon. Where I work we sell them for not a whole lot of $. Around the $125.00 mark for 160GB hard drive.

luvmy83wing

Pukkie or dizzy do you all use total commander in place of using win zip or win rare for unzipping downloads and does it effect windows adverselyin any way? I'm curious about this program as my win zip trial is just about expired and then I woln't be able to download teks' awesome downloads then I would havve to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your help would be appreciated

exoticcats,

do you have XP? Because if you do then you can download files without anything additional XP has a built in extraction program that works quite well for downloading files for the game. I even make combined ztd files with it.

Caddienoah,

As for if the external is better than adding memory. I am not exactly sure how to handle this one. There are 2 kinds of memory the first is the memory that stores your programs and files and the second one helps to determine how fast your PC responds to your commands. If your concern is that the PC is slowing down and needs more memory then the Hard Drive won't really help but if its storage memory you need then the Hard Drive is exactly what you need. I just added the new HD and then I also, added more memory to make the PC work faster. The HD also, protects my files in case of another crash. If I ever have to reformat the HD again everything on the external is safe and I will only lose what is in the C drive.

Hope this helps anymore questions please feel free to ask.

luvmy83wing
exoticcats,

do you have XP? Because if you do then you can download files without anything additional XP has a built in extraction program that works quite well for downloading files for the game. I even make combined ztd files with it.

Caddienoah,

As for if the external is better than adding memory. I am not exactly sure how to handle this one. There are 2 kinds of memory the first is the memory that stores your programs and files and the second one helps to determine how fast your PC responds to your commands. If your concern is that the PC is slowing down and needs more memory then the Hard Drive won't really help but if its storage memory you need then the Hard Drive is exactly what you need. I just added the new HD and then I also, added more memory to make the PC work faster. The HD also, protects my files in case of another crash. If I ever have to reformat the HD again everything on the external is safe and I will only lose what is in the C drive.

Hope this helps anymore questions please feel free to ask.

I do have XP but can't open anything with it or not looking in the right place orcorrect name of program

Instead of clicking to open right click and choose extract all a wizard opens follow the directions and it will extract the files for you. What program is your .zip files associated with?

Actually I made an error above and I don't just store my dls on the ext. HD my game is also loaded on to it. As well as, most of my programs on my PC, as my external is bigger than my internal one.

luvmy83wing
Instead of clicking to open right click and choose extract all a wizard opens follow the directions and it will extract the files for you. What program is your .zip files associated with?

Okay thank you now another ques can you zip files with that program also and if so how

Yes you just right click on the file and choose send to.. then choose compressed folder when it is done compressing rename it if you want by right clicking and choosing rename.

luvmy83wing
Yes you just right click on the file and choose send to.. then choose compressed folder when it is done compressing rename it if you want by right clicking and choosing rename.

Cool thanks learned something new I really appreciate the info