Zoos contiune to crash- can we create a database of unsafe files?

zooguy

I have made around three/four zoos in the past year that usually crash. Often times before completion. I have started to make only small zoos because the crashing seems unavodiable due to gawk_object incidents.  I appreciate the help I have already recevied up to this point but I think it would be helpful to everyone to have a thread so everyone knows what files can be avoided.

As I download many items, especially flowers I am often unsure what is the cause, even after I start removing groups of files. 

For zoos that are no where near the edge of the map and where there are few/no downloaded objects , what are other causes of crashing- can it be a system error sometimes?

I suppose one way to avoid this is simpily to price zoos so high that no guests come, has anyone done this?

Z.Z.

When you build a zoo just with in game objects, it still crashes?

Because if thats the case, the problem isnt downloads, the problem is the game itself is corrupted, and the only way to fix that is to uninstall the game from your computer, then reinstall it from the game disks.

But before you do that, ask Fern to take a look at your ini file.

Nope not that file.

Can you see the extensions?  Like. .ztd, dll, etc?

The "zoo.ini" is in the main folder probably directly under the zoo.exe file

I see one possible problem in your screens so I will post about that shortly in that thread.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have another crashing zoo. Have invisble fences involved if you want to look at this one

This time, it cannot be the guests as they are blockaded. What else could be causing the crash?

Really don't want to give up on this one.

closedzooready07.zoo

Savannahjan

Your zoo is not crashing for me, but I do not have any additional downloads in the game except the invisible fence.  Your zoo is sparse because all the things you added in are not showing up for me.  That would seem to mean that the problem lies in one of the downloads you have in your game.   

13 minutes ago, Savannahjan said:

Your zoo is not crashing for me, but I do not have any additional downloads in the game except the invisible fence.  Your zoo is sparse because all the things you added in are not showing up for me.  That would seem to mean that the problem lies in one of the downloads you have in your game.   

They can cause crashes, even without guests?

I suspect it could be plants, they seem to have trouble

Also the beavers sometimes don't move around, but not sure if that causes a crash.