Zoos contiune to crash- can we create a database of unsafe files?

zooguy

3 hours ago, zooguy said:

closedzooready07.zoo

You have at least 3 trees located in the first row of grid squares next to the Void.  If anything but paths are placed in the first row, the game will eventually crash.

On one of your other zoo screens I saw buildings right up against the Void, so same problem.

There's a thread about this problem somewhere.

This is the sum total of my expertise in this area. :post-8-0-19938100-1501430326:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HeatherL said:

You have at least 3 trees located in the first row of grid squares next to the Void.  If anything but paths are placed in the first row, the game will eventually crash.

On one of your other zoo screens I saw buildings right up against the Void, so same problem.

There's a thread about this problem somewhere.

This is the sum total of my expertise in this area. :post-8-0-19938100-1501430326:

I appreciate the help, just so you know, this one is an unedited map that came with the game, but does the same go for walls as well? Will having tree next to walls also cause the game to crash?  All of my objects by design are very far from the 'void void. 

Zarawatto
4 hours ago, zooguy said:

I appreciate the help, just so you know, this one is an unedited map that came with the game, but does the same go for walls as well? Will having tree next to walls also cause the game to crash?  All of my objects by design are very far from the 'void void. 

In this post, you may find information on how items near the void cause game crash:

I understand this and I appreciate your post but I don't think you are hearing me

This is an original Zoo Tycoon scenario- the small grassy zoo. The walls and everything I placed are very far from the in-game void. Further more this can't be the gawk error because I kept any guests from coming in by blocking the entrance. 

7 hours ago, zooguy said:

unedited map that came with the game, but does the same go for walls as well?

There are a couple of maps made by Blue Fang that have the "items too close to the edge" problem. I assume they didn't realize it would be an issue until after release. It's still possible that you have other items in the zoo causing crashing issues.

I'm not very tech savy, but I seem to recall threads that talk specifically about crashing issues. Fern will be able to help more soon.

• Love 1

And, the way I understand it, the only thing that can be placed safely next to the edge is path tiles. No fences, rocks, trees, buildings, etc...

I was thinking about it today, and I realized that there are trees close to the map that Blue Fang put there. Thanks for being patient with me.

I am not sure how the objects inside the zoo could cause the crash if no one is looking at them

Thank you everyone for your replies so far.

I have attempted to make use of the guide that was kindly posted by Zarawatto- I learned something. I did not know it was so easy to delete the zoo entrance.

I cleared all trees, and put a path on the outer two rings of the map. Is this what I am supposed to do? 

closedzooready07.zoo