Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

haha thanks Lothric, that's awesome! Hope you like the other Halloween stuff I've yet to share. There's about 10 Halloween mods I am trying my best to finish by Oct 31!

I shared this with the Zoo Tycoon discord:
image.png?ex=65359ff6&is=65232af6&hm=350

Need to put out a feeler for this: If a new version of a mod with upgraded graphics were released, would you all prefer it to replace the old one or release as a separate download option so that both are available? I'm reworking my original hotdog stand and I'm undecided how dramatic of a change it will be yet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Variations on a theme are always welcome. I think I released several versions of the Pretzel Stand at DG - All different colours or shades.

Also the other thing you need to remember is when you update graphics the original one will not show in any zoo it was saved in.

Oh I'm talking about upgrading the graphics for my already-released stand, not a variation on a theme. I don't plan to make new config so the new version will have the intention of replacing the old one in a saved game. Not sure if that makes sense.

The mummy dog stand will be its own strong independent sausage...

I vow never to use that sentence again.

• Haha 4

Hey, I wanted to say I really enjoy your stuff! I love how it fits so seemlessly in, and new buildings are so rare to see as mods! One suggestion I'd like to make is that currently the Hot Dog Stand shares the same name as the one in game, which could lead to confusion. Maybe when you do the updated release, it could get a unique name? I'm not too sure what it could be, maybe "Themed Hot Dog Stand", or "Novelty Hot Dog Stand"?

Hey MetaKnight, thanks! It's a modding limitation with ZT1 that we need to sometimes reuse existing strings. That's because there's only so many we can have as a modding community before we 'run out'. I could be misunderstanding how it works though, but that's how I understand it. If I can find a way around it though, the hotdog stand will be the first to be renamed to "Even Cooler Hotdog Stand" or something.

Edit: removed the super wordy technical details. why say lot word when few word do trick

YoungerPrinceLothric

having both the original and the new spooky hotdog stand would be great.

• Like 1

Hey, I wanted to say I really enjoy your stuff! I love how it fits so seemlessly in, and new buildings are so rare to see as mods! One suggestion I'd like to make is that currently the Hot Dog Stand shares the same name as the one in game, which could lead to confusion. Maybe when you do the updated release, it could get a unique name? I'm not too sure what it could be, maybe "Themed Hot Dog Stand", or "Novelty Hot Dog Stand"?

Goosifer is right about the limited strings available. If you want it to have a different name you can name it yourself ingame.

Bring up the Building Information on the lower right hand side and click on the words Hot Dog Stand. Then just type in the name you want to use.

You can give guests, workers, animals, and buildings any names you want this way.

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

Will the hot dog being sold still be the same one or are you planning to give it a spooky name?

Hmm good question. I'll have to ask Jay since he's the string ID bookkeeper lol. I don't know if a mummy dog stand that only sells mummy dogs has been made before. I know the strings for the food and guest thoughts probably already exist due to these mods, so I can use those:

- https://zootekphoenix.com/forums/files/file/5393-boo-b-traps-spooky-restaurant-by-savyket/

- https://zootekphoenix.com/forums/files/file/3212-2015-skull-skillet-restaurant-by-savyket/

- https://zootekphoenix.com/forums/files/file/3211-2015-skull-cove-restaurant-by-savyket/

I'll be making my own mummy dog icon though which might override theirs if both are installed. Since they're both mummy dogs it should be fine.

• Like 1