Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

Savannahjan

I agree, the sign just adds more detail.  It looks great!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Truly_happy said:

Realistically, does one really need to be a certain height to ride one of those?

Considering how small the door turned out to be when I tested it “in-game” I think the sign is saying you can’t be taller than a certain height 😅

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goosifer said:

Considering how small the door turned out to be when I tested it “in-game” I think the sign is saying you can’t be taller than a certain height 😅

Well, I didn't notice until you said something, so I guess it's okay!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd lay out my project schedule for next year. These are all software-related but I do intend to finish the ZT1 mods that still need finished. After that I'll be focusing more on making tools.

Summer-Fall 2023 Summary

This past Summer-Fall was EMU and ZooBerry. ZooBerry as a platform is almost feature complete (from what I originally planned). EMU will likely never be "finished" and will be a multi-year project since it's only meant to lay the groundwork for something a lot more exciting if I can ever get to it.

Winter-Spring 2024

We'll start with a ZT1/ZT2 mod loader sort of like Nexus Vortex. Spitballing some features:

• Install/uninstall/disable mods from the UI.
  • Combine single ztds/z2fs into one.
  • Separate packs into single ztds/z2fs.
  • Sort installed mods into custom groups. Can enable/disable groups at a time.
  • Aiming for a modern UI. APIs I'm looking at target Windows 10 and above.
  • Integration with ZooBerry. Not sure what that looks like yet, but I have some ideas.

A big feature I will try to make happen is local renaming of mods. Say you download a mod but you don't like the name the animal or object was given, so you can change it here. For ZT2 it should be no problem. For ZT1 will be way harder but if I can pull it off, hopefully it eases reliance on the lang.dll system.

Summer-Fall 2024

• Try to update BFB Scripts for Blender
  • New APE for ZT1 and ZT2:
    • Funny enough, this will be the hardest project for silly reasons. (I am awful at configuring XML/INI, might need help when I get here )

Hope at least some of this sounds interesting! See you guys in a few weeks with some tangible ZT1 mod progress to share. I'll make a separate thread for these projects later for those who might find updates on those tedious to read lol.

• Love 1

HENDRIX
16 hours ago, Goosifer said:

We'll start with a ZT1/ZT2 mod loader sort of like Nexus Vortex. Spitballing some features:

• Install/uninstall/disable mods from the UI.
  • Combine single ztds/z2fs into one.
  • Separate packs into single ztds/z2fs.
  • Sort installed mods into custom groups. Can enable/disable groups at a time.
  • Aiming for a modern UI. APIs I'm looking at target Windows 10 and above.
  • Integration with ZooBerry. Not sure what that looks like yet, but I have some ideas.

A big feature I will try to make happen is local renaming of mods. Say you download a mod but you don't like the name the animal or object was given, so you can change it here. For ZT2 it should be no problem. For ZT1 will be way harder but if I can pull it off, hopefully it eases reliance on the lang.dll system.

How about reverse engineering the built in downloaders and shipping modified exes?

On 11/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, HENDRIX said:

How about reverse engineering the built in downloaders and shipping modified exes?

I'm not sure what those are but they sound interesting. Were they to download and list the DLC?

HENDRIX
3 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

I'm not sure what those are but they sound interesting. Were they to download and list the DLC?

Yeah, both games had that feature. I think I vaguely remember ZT2 exe queried some XML format from the server, but the original servers shut down before I had any serious reverse engineering skills...

Ah, yeah I know ZT2 queried XML for their message of the day but didn't know they did the same for their downloads, but it makes sense. It might be possible to do by intercepting subroutines in memory, but might still need to modify the exe to inject a DLL. I'm not sure if ZT2 automatically loads DLL files without safety checks like ZT1 does.

• 1 month later...

Super late but I've released my Balloon Animal Stand assets here: https://www.zooberry.org/mods/assets/bln-animal-stnd-assets-gs/

Included:

• All final sprites I made for the stand
  • Clown model and rig
  • Balloon animal stand model and animations (across two scenes)
  • Misc graphics I made that were cut

Models were made in Blender 3.6

Feel free to do whatever you want with them just don't sell them :tongue: