Goosifer's Hacks and Stuff

Goosifer

Goosifer

image.png?ex=65fd2663&is=65eab163&hm=32a

image.png?ex=65fd2727&is=65eab227&hm=1af

When I was a little boy I dreamed of the day I could place burger stands underwater at the push of a button and SOON YOU SHALL TOO. DON"T LET YOUR MEMES BE DREAMS.

*ahem* I am making another mod that will let you place any object you have currently selected in any habitat with a push of a button. Should curtail any apprehension behind using old mods that don't support placement inside of exhibits.

edit: words

• Love 1

You do realise Goosifer ou have to make us a submarine now so we can actually go buy these waterburgers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/7/2024 at 11:44 PM, Goosifer said:

GIF%203-7-2024%202-40-40%20AM.gif

new invisible fences mod coming soon.

There is a few things you will need to note when you release this. 

It just makes the fence invisible like you can with foliage and buildings. But unless I am wrong the fence height and strength will remain the same. Which means that the fences will still break and need fixing.

One thing you will have to test is whether the maintenance guys fix fences that are invisible.

• Like 1

Goosifer
42 minutes ago, Fern said:

There is a few things you will need to note when you release this. 

It just makes the fence invisible like you can with foliage and buildings. But unless I am wrong the fence height and strength will remain the same. Which means that the fences will still break and need fixing.

One thing you will have to test is whether the maintenance guys fix fences that are invisible.

I've coded it so all fence stats also get maxed out when this is activated. It's effectively an invisible zoowall. An invincible invisible fence, if you will. It will also be customizable, so if you're one of the three stick pole fence fans out there, you can change the fence ID to a different one.

• Like 2

What about heights cos if you max them guests might not see in.

Goosifer

I'll make sure the final version is a viable invisible fence that works. :tongue:

It will need EMU v1.1.0, which is ending up to be a huge update. You'll be able to update configuration files for your mod while the game is running to see the changes immediately. ;) Plus I'll be publishing my first few modding tutorials alongside with it. Just in time for the Emuversary!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Goosifer

A little demonstration to show how my invisible fences mod works right now:

To hide a fence, find a guest and name them "Mrs. Invis" (a The Incredibles reference):

GIF%203-10-2024%203-39-45%20AM.gif

To show the fence again so you can make changes find a guest and name them "Mr. Show" (a reference to the TV show. this one might change if I can think of something better lol):

GIF%203-10-2024%203-40-06%20AM.gif

It will be the game's first two custom "easter egg" cheats not using configuration.

For those interested in customizing the functionality, as you know EMU reads in .emu scripts.  You can think of these scripts as more powerful versions of .ucs files because you can add logic and math. They're easy to read and modify with a text editor. It will look something like this (not final):

-- add or remove ids to make more objects invisible 
local ids = {9313, 9314} 

if GetSelectedEntity() == 0 then
  return

-- set ids to invisible
if GetSelectedGuestName() == "Mrs. Invis" then
    MakeEntitiesInvisibleInvincible(ids, true)

-- restore ids back to normal
elseif GetSelectedGuestName() == "Mr. Show" then
    MakeEntitiesInvisibleInvincible(ids, false)
end

• Love 1

Goosifer

That's me in my computer science classes believe it or not.

tenor.gif?itemid=10273186&f=1&nofb=1&ipt