ZT1 User-created MUST HAVES

genkicoll

I love Dralions Adoption Center. I use it in every game. It's great if you need to make money for a scenario. I also love the Clapboard Hotel which I think use to come from ZA and my all time favorite is the little pink roof candy shop,also from ZA. Hopefully the hotel and candy shop will be available for download soon, I no longer have them as my computer crasher a while back and I lost both.

Favorite animal, is elephants and white bengal tiger.

Catfish

Well let me add a few... I actually had a CD that I had backed-up all the ZTD files from years ago; 2003 was the date on the disk, so I already had these essentials;

The invisible fence of course!

My favorite pack of all time is the ZooTek Christmas pack we did back in the day with the falling snow object, the Castle, etc.

So many flowers and flower beds that I can't even remember where they all came from (probably mostly from Brandi)

A lot of the developer items like the lighthouse, row boats, beach items and such

Picklepacker has many good hacks, as does Pixigger (is that the right spelling or even the right name? It's been so long!)

And even though the animations are too large, I still use the pea-foul all the time (I think they were from ZTU if I'm not mistaken) because I think no zoo is complete without a few free-range pea-foul. I use the invisible fence to make them appear to be free-range.

Of course, without sounding like I'm bragging, a lot of my favorites were ones I worked on, but that's probably because they were what I wanted the most to begin with! I remember the first thing I really wanted when I got the game was a constructable aviary, so that was one of the first things I made (after a few simple objects to get the hang of it) and I still use it a lot.

When the MM came out I desperately wanted a tunnel that could go through the tanks. Everyone said it was impossible, but thanks primarily to LA's ability to decode the files, we were able to make something that works (even if it is a bit clunky to use until you get the hang of it). I still love the underwater tunnels and the bridges.

So much great foliage, and so many lovely themed buildings (especially like the themed restrooms for some reason- they tuck in places easily and add a lot of character)... and all of it about 5 years old- I don't have anything more recent than that except for the few things I've downloaded here this past few days (the paths and such- I got to use the elephant annex for the first time yesterday in my daughter's zoo and it looks great)!

I need to check out the waterfall fences and wall and roof objects, they sound like a lot of fun!

Is the invisible path different from the one LA made back in the day? His has little edges to show you where it is. Is Genki's version more "invisible"?

Yes Catfish it is absolutely invisible best thing to do is place any path you like and only replace it when you are sure you have all scener and/or foliage where you want it as you might otherwise block the path you can not see but the guest get stuck

genkicoll

haha, yes, it's absolutely invisible - you can't see it at all... which is why I highly recommend placing a regular path first, then replacing it with the invisible one when you're ready.

Your underwater tunnels and dome are an absolute MUST when I build in MM, Catfish, and the falling snow is wonderful for the snowy portions of the zoos. My favorite from that (Christmas) pack is the carolers :wub:

There are more peafowl in the works, they should be released soon~ :wink:

Been a long time Catfish glad to see you return to building. As for things I can't do without.

All of Genki's fountains and gardens

All of Brandi's flowers

All of my flowers - when ZA is back from the dns problem you can get them

All of Sundances flowers

All of Devona's flowers from ZKL

All of your flowers and tree packs

the Exhibit Signs by Toodlepops & Genki and Sundance's original ones

for Buildings

The Adoption Center

The Zookeepers Lounge - from ZKL

Construction Objects

I use a lot of Genki's paths

My paths

LA's paths

Fren's Fences

Genki's Fences

For Themed zoos you have to try the OZ goodies

The 2007 Christmas Goodies from the Design Guild

That's about all for now my brain goes fuzzy when I think of all the files available for use these days.

ooooooo This is a great topic! I can't wait to get my computer back and start playing again! There are some wonderful finds in THIS topic alone! I had used some of these before my computer crashed.. but a lot of them are still new to me.

I will have to learn more about the Invisible Fence... not really sure about how to use it but I'm getting ideas...

One of my favorite downloads were the different Unicorns. I really love Fantasy items and was pleased to find all of them!

One item I am looking for... in someone's screenshot I saw large upright banner type signs for the different areas, Savannah, Grasslands, Rainforest, etc.. Where are those at? Are they from this site or somewhere else? I really liked the way they looked in the zoo! I think it was in Phoenix 19s recent screenshots maybe....

oooooo *rubs hands gleefully* Thank You Genki! I loooove them! lol

Now to just get that computer back.... grrrr..