• Fern
    • LapisLazuli77
    • Truly_happy
    • bxdczoo
    • Hawkkeye666
    • nana_nytowl

DinosaurDig's Dinosaur Projects!

DinosaurDigs

Hey everyone, DinosaurDigs here. I've decided that as the Dinosaur fan that I am I'm going to try and make a couple of new Dinosaurs for CC. My list of Dinosaurs I want to attempt to make are below, however I accept if anyone says that some of them can't be done, it happens sometimes ^_^.

Pteranodon (the one I want to make the most) - probably a new model

Velociraptor antirrhopus (Jurassic Park Velociraptor) - will use Velociraptor for this, of course! :)

Hypsilophodon - will possibly use a scaled down Camptosaurus for this

Charcaradontosaurus - still deciding whether to use Allosaurus or Tyrannosaurus for this

Megalosaurus - will use Allosaurus

Yangchuangosaurus - again, will use Allosaurus - that Dinosaur has a lot of uses! ^_^

Proceratosaurus - Herrerasaurus? It appears to have some sort of horny thing on it's nose, I thought maybe that could be coloured more prominently?

Metriacanthosaurus - tough one, probably a Herrerasaurus

Segisaurus - Gallimimus

And if it's even REMOTELY possible

Brachiosaurus

Dimetrodon

Carnotaurus

Parasaurolophus

Corythosaurus

Mosasaurus

Dilophosaurus

Pachycephalosaurus

Homalocephale

Microceratops

Suchommimus

Baryonix

Of course, every Dinosaur will be given it's own skin!

If anybody has any suggestions then I'd love to hear them! I officially declare myself working on this project as of now. :)

DinosaurDigs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DinosaurDigs

• moondawg

• Professor Paul

• Arborius

Savannahjan

That's quite an impressive and ambitious list, DD. Can't wait to see some of these materialize.

Impressive list :D but some i already have in the works :D Proceratosaurus,Metriacanthosaurus in the works and Yangchuangosaurus already done Megalosaurus i used a Trex but it's arms are to small so it doesnt give the true appearance of a Megalosaurus.......I'm also working on a Pteranodon i just have to redo some of the animations before uploading it..

Impressive list :D but some i already have in the works :D Proceratosaurus,Metriacanthosaurus in the works and Yangchuangosaurus already done Megalosaurus i used a Trex but it's arms are to small so it doesnt give the true appearance of a Megalosaurus.......I'm also working on a Pteranodon i just have to redo some of the animations before uploading it..

Oops i forgot one Charcaradontosaurus,lol

Wow! I tell you what, Moondawg, you never cease to amaze me when it comes to making Dinosaurs! You're an absolute saviour for Dinosaur-lovers like me... :hug2:Just from one Dino lover to another though, I would reccomend that you use Allosaurus for Megalosaurus, simply because Megalosaurus looks like Allosaurus and was three-fingered not two, and as you said with longer arms, and because it's posture is more like that of an Allosaurus.

Indeed, I agree on my part a VERY ambitious list... but as far as I'm concerned I've got all the time in the world to work on these, there's no hurry, so I'm just going to do everything on the list a project at a time, and do it to perfection. I learn as I go along, and I'm going to start with the easy thing first: Velociraptor antirrhopus - which will give me practice in skinning, renaming and in adding new sounds to Dinosaurs. I'm just hoping I can do it all through the APE though.

Thanks to Moondawg for his brilliant Dinosaur creations! ^_^ I am officially a fan.

DinosaurDigs

Ok, the Velociraptor is nearly finished now... UCA is complete and so is the Dinosaur information, as well as new images and sounds, however I'm finding it hard to animate the Dinosaur - eg reskinning every frame to what I want it to be then putting it back in! :laugh:

I pulled together a quick skin-trial to see how it could look - everyone tell me what you think! :)

raptor1.bmp

I'm also in the process of making the Killer Penguin from Zoo Tycoon 2 for Zoo Tycoon 1, I'm going to upload that one too soon as I find the time to make animations for it!

DinosaurDigs

Professor Paul

Good list, but as a prehistoric reptile fan you should't include Pteranodon as a dinosaur. As you probably know, there's a choice of two, longiceps which is the one most non palaeontologists think of

710px-HNHM2.JPG

and sternbergi, which is less well known.

800px-ROM_-_Pteranodon.jpg

Perhaps one of you could make one, & the other the other if you see what I mean.

Don't worry, Pteranodon isn't going to be listed under the category of Dinosaurs, it'll be listed under Reptiles! :)

I'm guessing that Moondawg will most probably be making one of the longiceps variety, sternbergi was my choice from the start anyway (thanks for the reference pictures! :) ) but I'm also considering making a Pteranodon hippocratsei variation (the ones with teeth from Jurassic Park ///) at a later time. The stambergi Pteranodon will be based off the longiceps seen at the ending of The Lost World: Jurassic Park in colouration and will include the call which it makes. Hippocratesi will include the calls it has in JP ///.

I decided in the end that rather then recolour the skin of the Velociraptor as it already is in-game I'm just going to reskin it myself to look exactly like the raptors from the film. I noticed though that in the novels the skin of the raptors was pretty much the same as the ones already in Zoo Tycoon, except for the fact that the young were cream with red stripes and the adults were cream with yellow stripes. (This is the reason why I didn't want to use the novel variations of the raptors, since they were too close to the ones already in game. They also acted quite differently to the movie versions and I thoght more people would know the movie versions better then the novel versions since they're more famous.)

After working out how making animations, new 'models' and skins for APE works, I've redone my list:

DINOSAUR:

Velociraptor antirrhopus - 80% done

Hypsilophodon - 60% done

Segisaurus - 20% done

Brachiosaurus - not started

Carnotaurus - not started

Parasaurolophus - not started

Corythosaurus - not started

Dilophosaurus - 10% done

Pachycephalosaurus - not started

Homalocephale - not started

Microceratops - not started

Suchommimus - not started

Baryonix - not started

Oviraptor - not started

Therizinosaurus - not started

NON-DINOSAUR:

Killer Penguins - 85% done

Taupo Jellyfish (saw some the other day and thought they looked beutiful so decided to make them for Zoo Tycoon!) - 10% done

Pteranodon (longiceps) - not started

Pteranodon (hippocratesi) - not started

Mosasaurus - 10% done

Icthyosaurus - not started

Pacific Giant Ammonites - not started

Dimetrodon - 5% done

Edaphosaurus - not started

Might be planning a future prehistoric marine pack too, but I'm not gonna think about that yet till all the rest is done! I'm not gonna lie and say this won't take a while because of all the new animations and stuff but I've got enough of a hang on using the APE now to be able to complete all these projects now without a problem! :) Just have to find the time to make all those new animations, I have utter respect for Moondawg who can reskin all the frames for new Dinosaurs so fast! :biggrin:

DinosaurDigs