Newest Member
    hshelby99

• strider213
    • Goosifer
    • MaastrichianFan

DinosaurDig's Dinosaur Projects!

DinosaurDigs

Professor Paul

If you have success with Dimetrodon you could also have a go at Edaphosarus, you'd need to change the graphics for the head. We'd also need to list them as reptiles as well as they are therapsids, rather than dinosaurs, although 90% of the people you ask would think they were. I remember correcting my primary school teacher on that at the age of eight & he still reminds me whenever I see him, hes in his late eighties now!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DinosaurDigs

• moondawg

• Professor Paul

• Arborius

Edaph was never one of my faveroutes, although I suppose I could include it just for you prof! Depends on how many people know it though... then again, not that many would know what a Segisaurus was either! :tongue:

Great goodness, eight rotations of animations for every new animation set... this will take a loooong time to complete! :laugh:

Adding Edaphosaurus to the list... thought it was spelt Edaphrosaurus? Ah well, I have too many Dinosaur names to remeber these days! :)

Moondawg, would you mind confirming for me as to whether you'll be doing a Pteranodon longiceps or sternbergi? :)

DinosaurDigs

genkicoll

No, you don't have to do eight sets, you need five:

North, North East, East, South East and South

When you put in your animations into APE for the NE, E and SE animations, APE will mirror those sets to give you your NW, W and SW animations. Very handy, means you don't have to do those extra sets, plus you don't have to take the time to put them in! :cheerlie:

And1 takes a different way of doing brand new animals by only doing the E and W animations, and using the East set for N, NE, E and SE, then putting in the West anis into South. Try downloading one of his files and taking a look.

Thanks, you do sternbergi and I'll do longiceps then. :) Makes it all the more easier on me 'cause I can use the same model twice and just reskin it for each different Dinosaur! The sternbergi variety is my all-time faveroute Pterosaur. :tongue: Thanks for informing me on your choice before we both did the same one!

Hmm... the East and West method was useful, actually. I don't know if it would contain just TOO little for a Dinosaur though... it would be fine for the Jellyfish and Killer Penguins though! I didn't know APE had an automatic mirror effect, that saves me so much trouble! Thanks, Genki! :)

Some of my animals will have simple animations, such as the Pteranodons, but others such as Dilophosaurus will take much more.

DinosaurDigs

Nice one! They look fantastic... may I ask though why there seems to be such a massive difference between the small black ones and the big brown ones? and why the brown ones are longiceps Pteranodons? :tongue:

There's me off on a palentological rant again... :laugh: Nice job on the Pteranodons though, they look beutiful! Can't wait to use them in-game... I notce they're the same ones as in your sig, too!

DinosaurDigs

The black ones are actually the babies. If you look in the thread where Pukkie tested them she talked about jr...lol And why he said when unattended they really multiply. :)

Yes the black ones are young its the only animation i could find that was small enough and looked the same as the adult i tried to recolor them to make them the same color as the adult but when i did that the game kept crashing so i stuck with the black color ...................... Yes Alicia i used my avatar to make them...