Newest Member
    hshelby99

• Luz21
    • CelestialEvolution
    • bekantan4200
    • PollyPocketFan79

DinosaurDig's Dinosaur Projects!

DinosaurDigs

I think the "black ones" are the shadows.
Ah yes, but if you look closely enough, they're not aligned with the adults! Thus they are juvenile Pteranodon. :D
Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Personally, I think the black ones look awesome as juveniles... it's quite possible that younger Pteranodons, especially babies, would have been a darker colour so that they could keep hidden in the dark crevices of cliff faces, getting lighter in colouration as they become older and learn to hunt for themselves, as when they were older they wouldn't have needed to hide against rock faces as they were too big anyway, and their only danger out over the cretaceous seas was that of a passing Mosasaur, they had very few land predators if at all, and even then they were only egg thiefs, and that would have only concerned the eggs of the Pteranodons not the Pteranodons themselves. The eggs may also have been a slightly darker camoflaged colouration.

I'm still gonna go all paleo on you and attempt to convince you further that those Pteranodons are longiceps and not sternbergi though, as the crest on them is the wrong shape! :laugh:

If I may, could I also give you a small suggestion for the biome of the Pteranodon? I think it should consist of brown stone, grey stone, small patch of sand and a LOT of salt water, as well as a lot of the ground being raised so it's more like cliff walls. Also they should like to have lots of rocks, too, I would have thought, due to the fact that most of their existance was set in a beach environment. :)

Pteranodons look fantastic though.

DinosaurDigs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DinosaurDigs

• moondawg

• Professor Paul

• Arborius

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sarcosuchushunter

Hey i was just wondering if you have started working on the brachiosaurus that you were saying you might make.

whiteknuckle

Hi DinosaurDigs.. I like the Pteranodon.. Given the huge size shown in your game you could go on to tweak it slightly to create Quetzalcoatlas [sp? wrong i know].. I have a Pteranodon from the Wild Wings Exp pack. But one can never have enough

• 1 month later...
Guest broc

I know it's probably already been said. I'm no expert or anything so forgive me if calling them dinosaurs is incorrect. I like the dinosaurs that walk and everything I just wish there were more options for flying ones, rather than using the animal house that includes them.

And the ones that are available (Like pteradactyl and such) are really low quality, no animation, 2d, pixelated ones. So I would love to include a nice version. Is pteradon or whatever one you mentioned anything like a pteradactyl?

• 1 year later...
Guest Fireraptor

man using the tyranno for the carcar and making it black with red marks would hit the idea right on the nose