pERAS

• Richy III
    • DeWetsWild
    • Luz21
    • Goosifer
    • (Admin)Cricket

In the Works~

Chickndaddy

Is Devona still around? She was my original inspiration for designing. That seems a lifetime ago.
No, she has not been around for some time but some of her half finished things are in the keeping of Jay. These are unfinished for various reasons - some for configuration choices, some graphics work.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chickndaddy

• pukkie

• genkicoll

• ZooGrammy

ZooGrammy

I guess there is always hope for new surprises for all of us that can't make anything.

Guest twinshiner

add me to the list! I'd love to have a flock of chickens running around my zoo. sure hope this becomes a "pet project" soon sundance. :)

~twinshiner

Reading about all these unfinished projects, I think zoo tek should impose a temporary ban on new projects so the works in progress all can be finished off! :laugh:

never :wife: ! you see might be a reason some products don't get finished as there is a reason that newer projects are LOL

No it is fine like this and in case the old projects do get finished in the end it would be new to the ones who download it :elkgrin:

Guest eternalgravity

LOL, ban on new projects? That's like stopping the wind from blowing. Oh, you may block it for a bit, but it'll wear down what's in its way...think of the poor creator and the inspiration overload!

Though I have a feeling Pukkie would gladly use that rolling pin she's wielding to take out that blockage beforehand.

I'm loving the selection of avians now. Yes, the fuzzy chickens would look very nice stationed next to the peacocks in my bird section of my zoo. Alas, I'm currently battling some ornery aquatic plants.

Were there any specific breeds of chickens we were looking for? Colors?

Chickndaddy

I had to get out the windex and clean the monitor screen to make sure I was reading that last one properly...lol

In my wishlist thread I recommended looking at Feathersite for some decent and inspiring photos.

www.feathersite.com

Also Backyard Chickens is a good website to see pictures.

www.backyardchickens.com

I think it would be nice to see some of the rare, heritage breeds like Black, White and Mottled Javas, Delewares, Rhode Island Reds and New Hampshire Reds. Rare breeds like Lakenvelders, Hamburgs, and Polish. Old breeds like Australorps and Leghorns. Newer breeds would be wonderful like Cochins, Wyandottes, Marans, Welsummers, Ameraucanas, Brahmas, Orpingtons, oh the list just goes on...lol

I'm sure solid colored birds would be easier than a patterned bird. Blue, black, splash, white, lavender, buff, and red (differing shades for different breeds) are solid colors I can think of off the top of my head. Easier patterns would be mottled and spangled (can be done on almost any base color), columbian, birchin, black copper, partridge, black-breasted red, barred, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. The hardest patterns to do would probably be laced birds like Silver-laced Cochins, Although a Blue-laced Red Wyandotte would be gorgeous.

You could probably do a few different body types and depending on the color call them a certain chicken.

Silkies alone are available in black, white, blue, splash, partridge, red, buff, Isabel, porcelain, paint, cuckoo, and maybe another one or two I'm forgetting.

Guineas would be nice too...lol

genkicoll

I'd be happy with just your basic red and basic white chickens :laugh:

ZooGrammy

Any chicken would be great for me. Can't wait to have them.

Coeur de lion

I thought it was a prerequisite to have unfinished projects if you are a designer in any form, i have things i never completed for one reason or other, and it's take a very long time to get back onto finishing off my colour coded project