• bxdczoo
    • MaastrichianFan
    • MarkBL20
    • Fern
    • Hawkkeye666

Golden Gate Metropolis Zoo

Sher Shah Suri

ZooGrammy

I especially like your restaurant setting in post #13.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pukkie

• Firehawke

• Sher Shah Suri

• Cricket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like the lay out of your exhibits. Hope to see more soon!

I love the latest pics! Where's the fountain in post 29 from???

Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
Sher Shah Suri

East Singapore Zoo of Rainforest Animals

Our baby rhino has been named Sarah by a fellow tourist, and we have constructed a new exhibit: CrocLand, home to crocodilians of rainforests and wetlands worldwide!

Zoo164.jpg

Expanded onto the WADC viewing area, the first crocs viewed on this side are huge saltwater crocodiles and false gharials, or tomistomas. One croc, named Eric, is nearly 16ft long, making him one of the biggest in captivity.

Zoo165.jpg

Inhabiting a river near a forest clearing, Orinoco crocodiles are seen. I got about 4 hours of sleep, so I'm too burned out to really say anything else.

Zoo166.jpg

Black caimans and a future viewing area.

Zoo167.jpg

The last exhibit for now: Cuban crocodiles. However, a reptile park from Florida has donated us Nile crocodiles and American alligators, so you'll be sure to see more crocodilians, totaling eight species total, next time!

Zoo178.jpg

This multi-level deck shows two species of rainforest ungulates. In the front of the deck, you can see the exhibit for a pair of small African water chevrotains. It's hard to tell where the exhibit ends and merges into another due to an almost invisible wire barrier.

Zoo179.jpg

The other exhibit viewable from the deck is home to two lowland anoas, the smallest of all wild cattle. It may look like they share an exhibit with the other animals, but in all reality, anoas can be rather hostile to other creatures.

Zoo180.jpg

The decor for this area isn't finished, but the exhibit is. Java ponies are seen in a forest clearing, and they love to swim in their small river.

Zoo181.jpg

The inhabitants of this exhibit are hard to see. Javan bantengs, also known as tembadau, live here, and are one of the many endangered animals protected by the zoo's breeding program.

Zoo182.jpg

The last (for now) exhibit of the SE Asian Ungulate Complex: home to gaur, or seladangs. We plan to host a very rare species very soon:

the kouprey/kouproh!

More great pics! What's the red and black building in the pic with the Java ponies???

Keep up the great work!

More great pics! What's the red and black building in the pic with the Java ponies???

It looks like Keepers Taverna by Jane. It should be in the downloads area.