• Pokemonfan2750
    • PollyPocketFan79
    • Truly_happy
    • And 1

my 1878 Cincinnati Zoo

mrspiggy

Just ahead is the alligator basin.

post-29002-131647489776.png

Turning to your left is the only restaurant in the entire zoo. If you take a look at the blue prints of the drawing if was a massive undertaking.

post-29002-131647493275_thumb.jpg

Just behind the restaurant ,according to the map of 1878, this was both the elephant and giraffe house but I decided to keep the elephant closer to the Vine Street entrance as pictured in the guide book. They had two giraffes, Daisy and Abe. The enclosure was made of all concrete.

post-29002-131647503344_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrspiggy

• Firehawke

• Fern

• caddienoah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The next exhibit is the sea lion. Since we cannot make round exhibits, I decided to keep this one simple. The exhibit was one of a kind and it measured 60' in diameter.

In 1878 the zoo celebrated the birth of the first seal lion born in captivity.

post-29002-13164753153_thumb.jpg

As you continue to the bear pits, you have the sea otter basin.

post-29002-131647534744.png

Mrspiggy...

I heard about your zoo...You did a fantastic job so far...I don't know how I missed this...You are one special designer!!!

:290: :290: :290: :290: :290: :290:

I think you really captured the old zoo very well. Yes, wouldn't it be fantastic if we could make round exhibits? You did a great job though. I really like the lake with the goat area up top. Good thinking on the giraffe enclosure too.

I'd really would like to see this added to the site, as an example of what can be done with ZT, based on a real zoo or area of the world.

:glitter_happy: :th_hapydancsmil: :glitter_happy: :th_hapydancsmil: :glitter_happy:

I think you really captured the old zoo very well. Yes, wouldn't it be fantastic if we could make round exhibits? You did a great job though. I really like the lake with the goat area up top. Good thinking on the giraffe enclosure too.

You can....sort of.... Use genki's diagonals combined with the invisible fence. Zoo Admin also had a round fence, agin to be used in conjuction with invisible fence). Just looked at it and it needs a quick fix (to remove game crashing line) before re-release. Will get onto that.

I love the latest pics!!! What's the door at the back of the giraffe exhibit? What size map did you choose for this historical zoo?

Can't wait to see more!

Fern, I did use the diagonal fence for the squirrel exhibit but only in each corner. Couldn't figure out how to make it more diagonal until I took another look at the example over at ZA. I went back and reworked the exhibit, looks better.

I couldn't find the round fence your were talking about over at zoo admin. Please let me know when it gets fixed, would like to give it a try.

Firehawke, the door is the gate shelter: I use it all the times I don't want to have a regular animal house in the exhibit. I love it....

I used the large basic map and then enlarged it using the map editor.

Panda Research Buildings by Toodlepops

I'm going to have to try the gate shelter some time! :glitter_happy:

I haven't used a large map in ages. I think I might have to give it a try sometime soon!

The gate shelter was created to give the illusion of animals leaving the exhibit and going into a building. So the idea was to put a building like the breeding center next to the fence, put the gate shelter in the exhibit next to the building and watch the animals "seem" to enter the building.