• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JT12

• MsOnary
    • LapisLazuli77

my 1878 Cincinnati Zoo

mrspiggy

I've been using the gate shelter for a long time. I love to use it instead of the regular animal shelter especially when doing a zoo like this one. I think it is one of the greatest downloads we have..:yahoo:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrspiggy

• Firehawke

• Fern

• caddienoah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The gate shelter was created to give the illusion of animals leaving the exhibit and going into a building. So the idea was to put a building like the breeding center next to the fence, put the gate shelter in the exhibit next to the building and watch the animals "seem" to enter the building.

It's always fun to know the background for our wonderful dls!

@MrsPiggy---I might have to dl it and try it in my next zoo!

That explains why I couldn't find it!

Thanks, Mrs. Piggy!!! :hug2:

You might want to get that pack anyway, since it has a couple of asian style shelters as well as the gate one. Toodlepops did Panda Research Buildings Pack(3 shelters and 2 other buildings - all asain style) and Panda Extras Pack (more asian things). They are at DG, Tek and ZTUF I think.

Thanks, Fern! I'll have to look into the whole pack :glitter_happy:

I've already used the dl to make it look like the chimpanzees reside in the primate house.

Any new pics, Mrs. Piggy???

Well I thought I was finished with my zoo but NO, I decided to redo the cat house as I used the same brick on the bear pits. I will finish tomorrow and then post.

Well I went ahead and finished my zoo ( I hope)

I used this model to do the bear pits.

My link

The Bear Pits were carved out of the natural surroundings backed up against the hill. The bears had concrete floors with a small pool in the middle. The polar bears didn't even have any ice and the floor of the cages were just concrete. Even though I used Zootan's hack, the animals got very unhappy when I tried to use just concrete, darn. These pits were used until the 1930's. Guests could walk between the exhibits and see the bears climb the only tree in their exhibits.

post-29002-131717346056_thumb.jpg

As you progress up the hill, on the right you see the Kangaroo House. It housed roos, ostriches and even llamas. In the winter the house was kept warm with steam

post-29002-131717368464_thumb.jpg

As you go towards the restaurant, you have the Camel and Deer Enclosure. With Bactain camel, Red Deer, Fallow Deer, and the Buffalo enclosure across from the giraffe.

post-29002-131717379959_thumb.jpg

As you walk back to the lake side of the zoo you can see the monkey house just ahead. When animals died in the zoo they threw their bodies into the lake…..oh my!

post-29002-131717386425_thumb.jpg