• azdef
    • LapisLazuli77
    • PollyPocketFan79
    • qkr5614
    • Goosifer

The Sanctuary - zoo & biopark

MaTT²

Hi everyone !!

I'm finishing to rebuilt my zoo, adding changes to some areas .... Close to post some screens from the new version !

I also sorted out all my downloads, deleting many of them, replacing others by combined files .. No problems encountered since I also have the Complete Edition. But I realised that I actually miss one rock, that is very useful for me because it's a one-square rock, ideal when I need to fill a small place. I think the name of the file was "alpine rock", but I couldn't find it in the download section, even in the packs !

Here's a picture, maybe someone could recognize it ? There are 2 items on the screens, side by side. I think it was made from the large rock I underlined on the right. This large rock takes part originally from a brandy rock pack, then included in the rock tek combined, pack for information. Hope you'll find about which file it is !!

post-102250-0-60421300-1406047291_thumb.jpg

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaTT²

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• Savannahjan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ZooGrammy

Will send them to you in a PM. Don't know what site that they are presently.

Many thanks again ZooGrammy for the file !! :254:

As I said, I visited the Vincennes Zoo and the Ménagerie from the Natural History Museum two weeks ago (I got something like 300 pics to sort out, but I'll post a selection in a new topic) and I also watched my pics took during one of my stays at Disneyland Paris, so I was back with ideas for the scenery in my zoo .. Here are the screens from the result :laugh:

The Traveller Isle has a new look : I deleted all the "artificial" stuff like sand bridge, path and low rock fence .. Now it has a totally natural appeareance provided the invisible path and the wonderful giant rainforest trees from Dr Rick , new travellers trees giving their nam to the isle .. as if the visitors were in a flooeded rainforest.

Zoo011_zpsaa98c82a.jpg

As I called the first picnic area "Explorator's Camp", I thought it was a good idea to really SHOW his camp .. Inspired by Indiana Jones camp in Adventureland-Disneyland, I simply put a tent, a campfire and a jeep. As if the Explorator were already gone into the savannah, then the visitors have to follow him on the trail to discover the animals. See I also use the invisible path in this area, so now the trail really begins with the first exhibit since they pass through the savannah arch.

Zoo012_zpsf4bc1cd4.jpg

Zoo013_zps32e47bc2.jpg

Then 2 small changes : one with the wooden bridge crossing over the gregarious animals exhibits (the trail passes under the bridge with observation area on both sides, then uses the bridges).

The second is a small waterfall I added from the giraffe exhibit into the hippo's one.

Zoo014_zps86842b23.jpg

Zoo015_zps75d07438.jpg

Important change for the savannah carnivores area : I changed all the cliffs sections using the ingame ones, they give a good natural look. To "escape" from the big cats exhibits, visitors have to pass this arch through the cliffs ^^

Zoo016_zpsdf350677.jpg

Zoo017_zpsbc2f978d.jpg

In the prairie area, I put a new waterfall which flows into the swamp deer exhibit and then in the Pow Wow Village :

Zoo018_zps80229430.jpg

To finish this short visit, here are the Akwaba and the Pow Wow Villages. Quite the same except that I use the invisible path here too. The trail only appears for the visit but when the visitors arrive in the Villages, it gives the illusion of a totally free-walking area :)

Zoo019_zps802b23b4.jpg

Zoo020_zps0178e843.jpg

Hope you like the changes !! Now I'm gonna bring back my animals and continue to build the Sanctuary .. till I have no empty space on the map !! Haha

Savannahjan

Wow, love these pics. Your savannah work is excellent, don't you just love the golden grasses? They give such a natural look. I do like the camp area; it's neat that the tent is in the food court for decoration and interest. The grassland shot looks great as well. We always love to see what you are building and the expertly done guide.

Love the updated pics...so very natural! Keep up the great work!

I absolutely love the terrain theme grass pack ^^ Since I've downloaded it I use the different types of grass everywhere, it's so natural indeed ! And very beautiful !

News from the deciduous forest !

As I downloaded new animals and objects when I sorted out my old files, I found a gate that could be used by guests, and it gave me an idea .. A large exhibit where visitors can discover european deciduous forest cervids : roe deer, red deer and fallow deer. Inside, I used invisible fence and path so it gives the illusion that visitors can be totally free to walk in the park. Just an illusion of course ;-)

Here's the double gate, opening alternately so that animals inside can't "escape" (well, even if they can't because fences ^^)

Zoo134_zps93c6372c.jpg

And here are some view of the "cervids area" that includes 3 exhibits :

Zoo134a_zpse4bfd4df.jpg

Guests can even cross the waterpoint that links the fallow and red deers exhibits !

Zoo134b_zps985b1e89.jpg

I haven't seen that gate before! What a cool way to use it...keep up the great work!